be warned helicopter routes

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomb
Comet
Comet

be warned helicopter routes

Post by Tomb »

in FSX thier is a discrepancy between where the GPs will indicate where a rig is and where one of the rigs actually is on the map

the rig in question is QG7C, the GPS will fly you to QG8E but say you are at QG7C, it caught me out, oddly if you put QG7C-QG8E it will show correct but postioning to QG7C shows you are thier on the GPS but not on the map, it shows QG8E..(Which is what flynet see's, the rig landing platform shows i landed at the right rig (deck code) but not as far as flynet is concerned, checking the entry in my FSX logbook also shows EGSD-QG7C..so i landed at the right rig...at least morally ;)

this is a first for me and it caught me out...take care now, only a few more rigs and i will have landed on them all bar 1 which is not in my database

basys
VC10
VC10

Re: be warned helicopter routes

Post by basys »

Hi Folks

Bob -
Something odd there.
Is it repeatable ?

FSX GPS can sometimes get stuck or disoriented, (bugged issue).

Those ODG platform AFXs are definitely remote from each other, (>2 miles).

EDIT -
Just realised after posting.
There was a mix up in the FS9 released AFCADs,
and the FSX ones are the correct versions.
There's a patch pending which will tweak some other aspects.

QG7C Leman CD below
FSX -> N53 05.800201 E002 09.699799 - FS9 -> N53 01.600003 E002 15.300010 - wrong
FSX -> N53 03.600093 E002 12.600501 - FS9 -> N53 03.599992 E002 12.599992
QG8E Leman ED above

If your Flynet dataset is based on the FS9 AFCADs
then if you're flying in FSX
there'll be a coordinate mismatch.

HTH
ATB
Paul
I've never felt so frustrated....... died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly....... yet had so much fun, in a long time.
Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

i am using the one from airwego for FSX in FSX, its been pretty good...as in i can at last fly the chopper in CBFSVA.

i notice one of the rig types seem to be 1/3-1/2 scale at least in the visual model since you can touch down before the visual model...

i use the technique learnt in the simulators in that i watch for the rad alt "Jump" to tell me i have crossed the platform edge, very handy in this case where thier is a visual model discrepancy...or you cant see...what i wouldn't give for a working hovermeter in FSX ;).

i do regard it as a place holder until something is released for FSX "offically" as it were.

also i had a FSAIRLINES induced Gear failure which i ignored since on a wessex its welded down ... i found you cant land on a platform you just sink right through it...had to abort that run, i suspect FSAIRLINES is retracting the non retractable gear (since i heard what sounded suspiciously like gear retraction noises during the failure initiation)

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

hee hee just got stung again...

well i will fly it back from where fsairlines thinks we are (QG8E) back to EGSD... i'll just lift off from here (QG7C)

otherwise i will lose the chopper im am flying