Trident 2 routes question

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Trident 2 routes question

Post by fighterpilot »

I was just looking at the routes page for Trident 2's out of heathrow and noticed that several of these are for some reason not bookable on FSairlines, these include flights out to Nicosia and a few of the other long distance routes. Is there any reason for this? are they locked to a specific reg? I was thinking of flying out to Nicosia and doing a few of the cyprus airways flights. within FSairlines flights 2050 to 2066 and 2178 are available but the other routes are not.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Trident 2 routes question

Post by DaveB »

Hi Richard :wave:

There IS a reason for this but I'm buggered if I can think of it at the moment :lol: It MIGHT be that the Tridents only flew to Larnaca which of course you can do in a T3 then buy a ticket for the short hop up north to pick up the Cyprus T2's. I'll have a look for you mate but I don't have time right now. Will get onto it as soon as I've finished downstairs ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Does FS Airlines recognise Nicosia? as it was the T2 destination but has not been active since 1974 :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Garry..

Yes it does mate ;-)

Looking at our route structure, there are 2 T2 flights daily to Nicosia and 1 to Larnaca (no T3's at all from what I can see). Richard should be able to book either of those Nicosia flights or the single Larnaca flight :think:

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Thanks Dave, take your time, haven't got time for such a long flight now anyway, might do a short hop in something else tonight. It isn't just the flights to Nicosia that are not available, I'm sure there were a couple of others as well.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Richard..

The only reason the flights wouldn't be available (off the top of my head) would be if someone had already booked that flight.. or in this case, both or all 3 of those flights to Cyprus :think:

Darn it.. SWMBO is gonna chew my ears off if I don't get my butt back downstairs :lol:

I'll be as quick as I can mate ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Thanks Dave, there are no flights booked and as I said there are a few other routes not available, these are to Athens Frankfurt and Rome. Very strange.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Richard :wave:

Well mate.. I see what John has done. All the old T2 flights appear to have been allocated to the Cyprus Air aircraft (the 2 based at Nicosia) so in effect.. there are (or were) no direct BA flights there. What I've done is release 1 outbound EGLL-LCNC and 1 return LCNC-EGLL for the LHR T2's so you should be able to do that flight now (jump in before someone else books it) :lol:

John is on holiday at the mo but I'll flag this to him for his return. The 2 flights are CBF2075 and CBF2074. As far as I'm aware, the Cyprus T2's are still at Nicosia so you'll be able to transfer to those when you arrive ;-) I may have cocked John's master plan up by doing this but I'll keep it available for as long as you're down there ;-) Just thumbing through my BEA '73 timetable now so hurry! ;-)

EDIT..
Richard.. both BEA and Cyprus Airways did LHR-Nicosia in '73 using Tridents (as did BOAC with the VC10!!) so I feel a little easier with my route change. With both CY aircraft living in Nicosia and no other way to get there in a Trident, I don't think this is an unreasonable change (though I hope John see's it that way) :worried: An alternative would be to keep the BEA LHR-Athens and have 1 CY T2 based at Athens for onward flights so we'll chew this out when John returns. I'm more than happy for the current amendment to stay as-is for now :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Thanks for that Dave, unfortunately I haven't got time to do a flight today and I've got a long day tomorrow so I am likely to be Knackered tomorrow, still thanks for doing that. I also notice that if I wanted to route out via Larnaca i would have to go via LGRP to get back to Nicosia. Guess I could buy a ticket but where is the fun in that :lol:

edit: hadn't seen your edit before posting this ;-)

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No problem Richard ;-) Yeh.. it was all so easy before we decided to go for Nicosia. Everything went to Larnaca and that was that :lol: However, I'm glad those clever scenery makers out there made Nicosia and I believe it was us (CBFS) who got it put on the FSA database. It's also a lot cheaper on gas than Larnaca which makes a hell of a difference ;-) Initially, all aircraft routed to Larnaca were moved to Nicosia with the exception of the T3 then.. we began to doubt if the T3 actually went there. We have all the to's and fro's logged here somewhere in admin so I'll have to see if I can dig it out to get it right in my head. I didn't realise the BEA T2 flights had stopped until you flagged it today (apologies John.. you have probably told me) but historically, it's authentic for us to continue to use it ;-)

Routing between Nicosia and Larnaca is open to dispute I'm afraid. When the brown stuff hit the fan.. Nicosia would have been seen to have been on the wrong side of the fence hence routing only to either Larnaca or Nicosia. We've done things the other way round here just to add to the confusion ;-) There is room to manoeuvre with domestic flights in that part of the world but they have to be authentic and on behalf of a UK operator.. and hopefully with UK aircraft :lol:

ATB

ImageImage