Route times

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Route times

Post by Fodda »

I see our routes have a Take Off and Landing time assigned. I'm ging on the aaumption that these are all Zulu time (GMT). Is this correct? Or are they local time?

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Route times

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate..

All times shown are GMT ;) However.. you don't really have to stick to them if you don't want to. While the routes themselves are accurate.. there is no way that we could put a lifetimes worth of flight times up so some artistic license was required ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

Currently the arrival times have no bearing other than to hopefully give an approximation of the time flown for the route. You have to assume that the DEP/ARR times are using the same timezone be it GMT, BST, or any other time zone as there is no local time adjustment to account for crossing any time zones. There have been suggestions at FSA by some users that bonuses be applied if you run a flight 'on time'. I am personally against this as there is plenty of virtual $ already being made by VA's. The advantage of not having to run to 'scheduled' times is that any one flightplan can be flown at any time of day to enable a pilot to see his virtual world in differing light conditions. I wouldn't want to recreate all our flightplans for different times of the day.

Regards

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Quite so John.. agree entirely :agree:

Many of the routes become marginal for visibility during the winter months as it is and depending on what type you fly.. it's possible to see little or no daylight on a regular basis (I'm thinking of cargo flights.. many of which were early evening/overnight anyway).

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

OK, sounds reasonable. I was only wondering, and I've started at the proper times for departure, downloading the real weather for the time. Just wondered as my last flight Ronaldsway to Bristol came in an hour early even though wheels off was ten minutes late.

LOL... It's me being completist. I'll only take a 748 that I have a paint for, and I'll try to match the times. Sometimes I'll not bother for artistic effect, but one of the main fun things for me in the VA is having a job to do, and properly. (ish... :) )

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Gary,

We've got over 11,000 flightplans at FSA and I'm sure that a number of them will have errors and I'll always rectify the errors when I know about them. I've just checked your flightplan and there is a flight allowance inc taxi time of 1 hour 25 mins and you did it in 1 hr 12mins which is close enough for me. I've scheduled all flightplans for estimated flight time plus 15 minutes taxi allowance.

Glad you're enjoying the VA.

Regards

John

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

Thanks John. I see, I thought the take off and landing times were that rather than gate to gate.