The Dove

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petec
Meteor
Meteor

The Dove

Post by petec »

I'm just about to complete TR on the Islander, but have started to look ahead for which a/craft to TR with next ( I know, gotta do 10 paying flights before I can apply for another TR :) )

Anyway, I was looking at the Dove and have downloaded it to give it a try. Two problems........No VC (I can probably live with that), and no sound.

I believe the sound was aliased to the FS9 comet, but as I haven't got FS9 any longer, I can't do that. Any ideas ?

Ta !
It's better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground
RAF & Allied Air forces WWII Monument

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: The Dove

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Pete

If you go to Classic British Files I think there is something there.........can't check on this machine at the moment by it might be worth taking a look.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Pete :hello:

If you pop over to http://www.classicbritishfiles.com you should find a couple of sets that might fit the bill. One set is by Aeromusica and is for the GQ 50/70's if I remember right and there is another set (by GaryJ) which fits Dave Garwood's Rapides like a glove. Of course, the Rapide GQ's would be GQ III's and not the more powerful 50/70's as fitted to the Dove/Devon but to my hearing, there's little to choose. Much of the difference would've been prop-wash (twin blade props on the Rapide as opposed to 3-bladed props on the Dove/Devon) so at the end of the day, it's down to which set you like hearing ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

Garry/Dave,

Thanks for that. I've had a look over at British Classic Files (and the files you mention), but when I download them, all I seem to get are php files
It's better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:-O :-O

Oo-er! *-) I'll go and have a look for you. If all else fails, I'll upload the files here for you ;)

EDIT:
I've just been over and pulled both files mate.. the Dove from 'Sounds' page 3 and the Rapide from 'Sounds' page 5 *-)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

Oil av anuver look :)

EDIT: Worked first time that time. I think it was something to do with using a download manager the other times. This time, the manager opened up, but I closed it again and just downloaded normally. Thanks again fellas.

BTW Dave, The wife wants to get me a birthday pressi. Thinking of the Flight1 Islander. Can you recommend ?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Pete :hello:

Rgr that mate ;) The Flight1 Islander I can certainly recommend. I've just spent a fortnight flying it around all the southern region VA routes and have enjoyed every minute. It's now getting a well earned break at Land's End :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

petec wrote:Oil av anuver look :)

EDIT: Worked first time that time. I think it was something to do with using a download manager the other times. This time, the manager opened up, but I closed it again and just downloaded normally. Thanks again fellas.

BTW Dave, The wife wants to get me a birthday pressi. Thinking of the Flight1 Islander. Can you recommend ?

I had the same problem with a download manager. If you right click on the file it should show a list of options, one of which is download using the particular download manager you have. Click on that and it should work OK. It did for me.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman