Routes out of Glasgow

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Routes out of Glasgow

Post by petec »

Over the last few nights. I've flown most of the routes to and from Jersey and thought I'd have a tour of the Scotish islands before I have to go back to work (minimal FS for a few weeks :'( ).

I had a look at the routes map, which shows that there are about 10 BN2P flights from Glasgow which link up with most of the island flights, so I bought the 100v$ ticket and moved up to EGPF.

When I tried to book a flight in FSAirlines though, it told me that there aren't any flights available.

Something wrong somewhere.
It's better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground
RAF & Allied Air forces WWII Monument

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Routes out of Glasgow

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Pete :hello:

A common mistake mate and one you'll avoid in future. You are completely right in saying there are loads of flights out of Glasgow in the Islander.. I know because I'm doing them now! However, what you forgot to check is 'aircraft availability'. You've gone to Glasgow and not found any flights available because there are no aircraft there. Get another ticket up to Kirkwall (KA) and you should find one or two there.. that's where mine came from as there were none at Glasgow ;)

As a guide.. always go to the Crew Room and check the 'Stats' thread for both routing and Fleet Status. Click on Fleet Status then select BN2P in the LH box and choose whichever info you want from the second. Location will show you where they all are so you know where to pick one up ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

Doh !

Thanks Dave, all done.
It's better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground
RAF & Allied Air forces WWII Monument

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I still get caught out every now and again.. usually when I CBA to check first! :wall: :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Pete..

As a follow-on to this, when you look at the routes in our Stats/Route Enquiry page.. you will see some routes with the aircraft type greyed out and others with the type in 'solid'. The type in 'solid' shows an aircraft is available at that airport and the greyed out type shows the route is available but no aircraft of that type is available at that airport :) What you have to check then is if the available aircraft are at a 'home base'. If they are, they're yours to book. If they're not.. you should leave it alone ;)
Another check is to look at Fleet Status/type/location. All aircraft 'off station' are shown the location in pink/magenta (though we have a number of aircraft permanently displaying as 'off station' which are actually 'On Station'. There aren't too many of these.. a 1-11 in Germany for the German domestic sectors and a handful of Vikings around the Med for trooping flights) :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage