VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Globitz
Comet
Comet

B707 Positioning

Post by Globitz »

Hello All,

I am just planning my next few flights and would like to take a B707-300B out of Gatwick. However the required aircraft seem to be in Chicago and Manchester.

I noticed that there are positioning flights allocated to get these aircraft to Gatwick. Does anybody mind if I move one or both of these aircraft to their base or have the flights been 'bagged' by any one else?

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: B707 Positioning

Post by DaveB »

Hi Andy :hello:

No mate, by all means drag the little tinkers back home if the flights are there ready ;) I'm currently doing the same with our B737-200's of which 4 have been living in Munich and the remainder at CDG :lol: Is routing in place from the UK to proper destinations for the 300's?? I can't remember off the top of my head 8)

EDIT.. ignore my last, I see they are ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Thanks Dave,

I'll try and return them over the next week or so, as I am considering a little trip to the Middle East with a 400 first now.

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :hello:

Rgr that ;) Any aircraft you see abroad with zero flights and zero fuel is almost certainly sitting at it's delivery airport so they should be 'fair game' ;) The only Boeings we have off station now that have been flown there and no longer have active pilots are the B72's. I did (once upon a time) have a TR for these but couldn't get on with the model so removed myself :worried: I'm happy to bring all the 732's back and will leave it at that. I also had a rating for the 707's but let that lapse as I wasn't struck on the panel/model combination. Shame as it's a great looking jet with some great routes :(

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Dave,

I couldn't agree more about the 707, I am still trying to get my head around the panels quirks in FS9. I may also try for a 727 type rating as I spent a lot of time being flown around in one during my earlier working life and have always had a soft spot for them. :)

Only trouble then is that I am getting towards quite a few TR's to keep current.

Anyhoo, BFBS will be back at base after her brief sojourn to Alicante, then it looks like I either have Friday or Monday off work, so a nice 7 or 8 hour flight should see AXXY safely home. Maybe after that I will have a look at the 3xx's yet to make it to base.

Cheers for now :hello:

Andy
Cheers

Andy

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Only trouble then is that I am getting towards quite a few TR's to keep current.
Yup.. and that's the problem isn't it. All of a sudden, you end up with a list as long as your arm that are starting to expire so what do you do? :dunno: The only thing TO do is be choosy and let the ones fade you're not so happy with or.. be 'super critical' on 'test' flights and not apply for the rating but then, you find yourself wondering 'What if?' :doh: Sometimes, you have to be cruel to be kind ;)

Any time you want the 72 rating.. you know what to do ;) There are some great paints out there for the small fleet we have (tks to Ben Hartmann) so try not to let your heart overrule your head :cpu:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage