B747 available - beware PANC

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

B747 available - beware PANC

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

B747 routes uploaded to FSAirlines today. Training flightplans are for the B747-100, pilots will get all three TR's when training flights are completed. All passenger flightplans are common to the B747-100 and B747-200 the cargo flightplans are just for the B747-200F.

Be aware if transiting Anchorage (PANC) that there is a conflict with a small airport within very close proximity to PANC and if you park at the wrong place you will get dinged for landing at wrong airport. Here is a map, do not 'end flight' unless you are somewhere in the green.

Regards

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: B747 available - beware PANC

Post by DaveB »

Excellent John.. I know this little tinker has been a BIGGIE to sort :rock:

Prospective pilots please request TR's in the usual way ;) The last time I checked, a suitable model was available from POS (Project Opensky) for the 741 and I have already made repaints for these 4 aircraft available in this forum :) I believe this model also comes in 742 flavour or for those with the payware model from CLS, that can be used :cpu:

Note..
If you use the POSky model and load it as it should be loaded.. it is a handful above around FL250.. basically, it WILL get to cruise alt but hand flying it there is the best method I've found. On the other hand, the CLS 742 will get there with comparative ease ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

That would be interesting landing a 747 at Lake Hood. Didn't know 747's came with floats :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Yes.. well.. you don't need floats to get a DING DONG at PANC. The proximity of the seaplane base to the main airport is too close for the FSA client to distinguish between the two and having looked at it.. it's one of those god-awful places where the runways 'tare' in front of you so I'll not be going there. I have UT Canada/Alaska which probably hasn't helped but I for one won't be going there under any circumstances ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Yo Dave :worried: ...I'm surprise Jonsey didn't say "Don't PANC, don't PANC" :doh:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

I could have done a HAL9000 & Cpl Jones impression :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.