GA aircraft??

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tango234
Viscount
Viscount

GA aircraft??

Post by tango234 »

I was just looking through the "out of service" part of the CBFS fleet and I saw literally dozens of single engine props-Do-27s, a single C-172 and others.

I'm wondering, obviously they're out of service now, but did the VA ever use them for anything? :dunno: It seems rather odd, as they certainly aren't the kind of aircraft you'd expect to see in any kind of airline, virtual or not...

On another note (and Garry Russell will hate this :D), I think some of the Do-27s have fictional registrations, as a google search some reges brings up BAE ATPs...

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: GA aircraft??

Post by Garry Russell »

Oh you know me so well

TBH I know nothing about these and not being in the VA I wouldn't really

If they are there and if I'd known about them I would have said something about the fictitious reg's, believe me :lol:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Tom.. while I can't be certain, I think the majority (if not all) of those are 'leftovers' from airline aquisitions. One of our pilots (Bob Jones) ran his own airline for a while but got bored with it and joined us. It's a lot less hassle being a pilot than it is a CEO :lol: We bought a lot of his fleet.. most of it.. 'job lot' then resold the modern stuff on. There may be a master plan for these still being on the books but I don't know of one :dunno:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tango234
Viscount
Viscount

Post by tango234 »

I can't really think of a reason why they'd be kept thats for sure ;)