VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Twin Pioneer routes

Post by DavidK »

Hi all,

Just discovered the Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer aircraft and the handful of routes for it offered by the VA:

(1) Does EGHZ (doesn't exist in FSX) = X2PM = Portsmouth Airport (which is also identified as EGHP, although this = Popham Airfield in FSX)...?

(2) How about some of the short hops between RAF stations within the UK (more varied scenery to enjoy)...?

David

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Twin Pioneer routes

Post by DaveB »

Hi David :hello:

There is no Portsmouth in FSX mate as there wasn't in FS9 either until one was made. The one I use in FS9 is a simple afcad made by PeteP and should be available here in the VA somewhere. There may also be an FSX version.. been a while but I'm sure there is. The airport is added at FSA so flights can be made to and from there but of course, you need the scenery first. In reality, there's been no real Portsmouth airport for many years.. it's now a trading estate as far as I know :)

I don't have time to look now as work is upon me but I'll have a dig around later for you ;)

EDIT:.. found one on my drive (installed) but there's no sign of a readme. Wonder if our Trevor made it. Hang in there mate ;)

EDIT:2. It was Trevor! The filename is portsmouth_airport_fsx.zip though where I got it from I can't remember.. perhaps over at Horizon *-)
EDIT:3.. The Horizon link doesn't appear to work anymore but it IS at Allnodes David. Type the filename above into the search engine and it'll pop up. Very nice it is too I have to say :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

Thanks for the speedy response, Dave!

I found the portsmouth_airport_fsx.zip scenery at flightsim.com (here, via freewarescenery.com) and it installed itself as X2PM. If, therefore, I start flying the Twin Pioneer for the VA, I hope X2PM will be seen as EGHZ. On first sight, I agree -- the scenery looks inviting (and includes some intriguing "extras" I've yet to install).

I think I'd be more inclined to take it up if there were more routes and not so much water...

Yours,
David

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi David :hello:

Ah yes.. I see what you mean about XP2M.. I'd not noticed to be honest and it's a long time since I've used it. I remember landings on the South/Northerly runway are interesting. There's an interesting hangar you have to fly over just before the threshold and if not at the correct height (which is incredibly low!) the runway suddenly becomes very, very short :lol:

As with other renamed airports, FSA will have no problem identifying it as correct as it's the location that's important :thumbsup:

The Rapides fly into and out of there on their merry way to the IoW, Croydon and a host of points in between. The DC3 flies there too ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

And the 748? :worried:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Garry..

I believe the 748 does too, yes. In fact, it was a 748 I used with Trev's scenery and it scared me sh1tless :lol: Can't remember if that was a VA flight though.. I'll have to look and see what else goes there ;) I was hoping for a nice Puss Moth or Spartan Cruiser to come along.. a Puss Moth arrived but only in FSX flavour if I remember right :( A TwinPin should be easy enough to get in and out.. just turn it into the wind and either climb or descend vertically :lol:

EDIT: We fly the Heron1 and 2, DH89, DC3 and TwinPin into and out of Pompey.. sadly, not the 748 at this time ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage