Twin Pioneer - New Routes

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Twin Pioneer - New Routes

Post by MALTBY D »

David Kernow has designed a complex network of routes around England and Wales for the Twin Pioneer.
There are loops linking several airfields. Details can be seen on the route pages...
http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfsim/g-cbfs/C ... A1=&A=TPIN

A couple of military TPINs have been added to the fleet, XM961 & XT610, based at Benson/Odiham/Dishforth.
At the moment David K is the only TPIN pilot, but if any more come along I will get some more aircraft into the fleet.

Thanks David

DM
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Twin Pioneer - New Routes

Post by DaveB »

Cheers David/s.. much appreciated :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

Thanks, David M, for posting and, David B, for acknowledging.

In case anyone wonders why the routes seem so convoluted, it's because they consist of a number of simpler overlaid loops. The first three of these only include airfields which I believe have default FSX / FS9 sceneries:
  • EGXD EGXG EGXP EGYE EGXT EGBW EGWC EGOE (EGOQ) EGOW EGXD
  • EGUB (EGVN) EGBW EGXT EGYM (EGYC) EGXH EGSU EGWN EGUB
  • EGVO EGDM EGDY EGDC EGDX EGUO (EGVN) EGUB EGVO
The other loops include some airfields for which scenery will need to be downloaded -- thanks to the work of groups such as MAIW, UKMIL and ACG and people such as Tony Meredith and Trevor Clark, I think there's some (very good) freeware versions available for all of them. All the loops consist of airfields which I understand were active RAF airfields during the late 1950s and the 1960s (with one exception*), i.e. when the RAF used the Twin Pioneer.

I'm using the loops as a means to tour much of Horizon's photo-based "Generation X" scenery for England and Wales and also fly by freeware scenery I've found for various landmarks and settlements. If anyone's interested to see details about that, drop me a message.

David K (aka "David no.3"?...!)

* I don't think there's any prizes for spotting which one (or discovering any others)...!

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

...and in case anyone fancies a challenge, there's a new "West Country" loop that includes the STOL "runway" at the former RNAS Portland ("possibly the world’s shortest runway (RW04/22 700ft 229m)").
(Having had to go-around on my first attempt at landing there, I'd say it's more of a VSTOL -- yes, the "V" doesn't stand for "Vertical"! -- but it can be done, with plenty of flap, as low a speed and approach altitude as you dare and some gentle but quick brake pumping.)

David