Ambassador routes out of Luca

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Ambassador routes out of Luca

Post by DaveB »

Oh Dear! :-O I'm sure I had some in the Viking.. I'm gonna have to go and have a look now :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paule
Comet
Comet

Post by Paule »

Hi Dave

a long time since we last communed (the FS9 Elizabethan update was my last contribution). Surely no one is flying that.
Can't sleep so I'm browsing old haunts.

regards

Paul Edwards

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Paul :hello:

Well mate, the routes are still being flown though if my memory serves.. the model Dale was using in this thread was the freeware FSX version. As you'll have read, a handful of flights had to have tech stops built in but I don't think this was due to Dale's excessive use of the 'go' levers or any excessive fuelburn on the FSX model.. more that the routes were uploaded as listed and not, perhaps, how they were actually flown.

Nice to see you back ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paule
Comet
Comet

Post by Paule »

Hi Dave

If Dale has a mind to he could download my BEA Elizabethan and make the fuel/power calculator. This would tell him whats possible and whether the FSX models characteristics re power and fuel and somewhere near right. My last FS9 version was pretty accurate in that respect.

Doubt I will be flying again, just don't have the money to get FSX, a decent PC, and so on.

cheers

Paul

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I hear that mate ;)

There's still plenty of life left in FS9 as far as I'm concerned. Any VA flight I make is still done in FS9 with the exception of the Islander and on occasion, the Rapide and I can't see this mix changing for the foreseeable future :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I agree with you Dave. I have unloaded my FSX for the time being. Which reminds me I must get TRs on my props again
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Co Incidence that, I was looking to get an Ambassador back down to luca this evening, but decided to get a bit more revenue on 1-11 egcc to athens. Been trying my fave a/c, Comet, 737 (sorry ben) and 1-11 over the same flight routes and its interesting on the fuel useage v profitability on each aircraft. Generally the 1-11 wins hands down but is that purely on fuel efficiency or the fact we get more revenue from the extra cargo that it carries *-)
Paul, will download the Elizabethan and see what its like. Any probs in fsx ?
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image