VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Ambassador routes out of Luca

Post by Vc Ten »

:hello:
Been enjoying the as57 flying routes out of lmml and found some are exeeding the aircrafts range. Booked tripoli to cairo at about 1100nm and client tells me the route exeeded the range of the selected a/c I thought it was pushing it a bit :lol: There is also a direct route lmml to heathrow again over 1100nm I think the useable range of the as57 is about 850 nm Any thoughts :dunno:
Regards
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Ambassador routes out of Luca

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale..

This is the third time I've tried to respond.. on both previous occasions, the page disappeared before my eyes so I'll be careful this time :lol:

That's a good spot. From the info I have here, 850nm is pushing the Ambassador above and beyond it's normal range and by some miles (hundreds). The FSA database gives 750nm.

There are a couple of 'Brit' stops after Tripoli.. Benghazi and Tobruk. Tobruk to Cairo is some 416nm (just done it in a Viking) and should be within the Ambassadors reach. Temporarily.. I'd suggest a tech stop for fuel until I can fathom out what the heck to do *-) I think the furthest I've flown it is LL to SG and fortunately, it made it ok :lol:

I'll have a think and in the meantime, many apologies for sending you out on a route the aircraft wasn't capable of :worried:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello again Dale..

Data for the Ambassador differs wildly which isn't much help. Foxit reader keeps crashing when I try to read the Ambassador BEA Manual which is even less help! 8) The most common 'like' figures I can find suggest a range of around 720miles (625nm) which puts London-Munich within reach (and we know it went there!) with a suitable amount spare for a hold/diversion.

Important with the Ambassador as with many other models.. try and keep to a given cruise speed. As the aircraft gets lighter and want's to speed up, reduce the throttle to maintain speed and gain distance. It's always tempting to accept the extra speed but range will be reduced as a consequence of doing so :)

The only way we're going to achieve some of the longer routes is to build a tech stop in mate. There's no penalty in doing so.. just book the main flight and plan your tech stop in advance. At a suitable point, declare DIVERT and head for the tech stop. Your onward route will automatically be booked for you ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

:hello:
Hi Dave
The problem is that the client wont let me book the flight Says the route is greater than the a/c range Otherwise I could use the divert dodge
:cheers: Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah yes.. something that had escaped me (obviously) :wall: :doh:

One could 'fool' the client once upon a time.. no longer it would seem *-) Well.. that certainly cuts down the options doesn't it. As far as I can see, the only way to get out of where you are is to add another route. Where do you fancy going next.. as a stop that is? I can add another leg giving it the same flight number as the original.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Cheers Dave
Route I was trying was Tripoli HTTL to Cairo HECA :fly: A good stop-over would be Benghazi HLLB The airport is listed in the database and is included in fsx. Luca to Heathrow is covered with flights via Nice, Ajaccio and Naples
Regards
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale..

Yep.. we fly trooping flights with the Viking there ;) I'll have a look at some times and add that route for you ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale..

Right.. our database here hasn't updated yet but I've made CBF5746 HLLT-HLLB instead of HLLT-HECA. Once at HLLB, you'll see CBF5746 continues HLLB-HECA :) Return flights are CBF5747 going HECA-HLLB, HLLB-HLLT ;)

These flights are ready to go now :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale..

In addition to the Tripoli-Cairo flight, I found 3 more that were outside the Ambassadors range.. EGLL-LMML, EGLL-ESSA and EGLL-LIRN. Alternatives for these have been entered..

EGLL-LMML now goes via Nice (LFMN)

EGLL-ESSA now goes via Kastrup(EKCH)

and EGLL-LIRN now goes via Milan, Linate(LIML)

The original flights are still there for the moment.. we're waiting to decide what to do with them. Seems pointless keeping them active when FSA won't let us fly them so they'll probably go (without notice). All Ambassador flights are now ok ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Good flight to Benghazi but needs to be advertsed better No passengers turned up :lol: :lol:
cheers :cheers:
Dale
Image Image Image