VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Aircraft Seating

Post by Chris Trott »

Gentlemen,

As the new client has now been released, Seating Arrangements are now active. I have noticed that many of our aircraft have odd or incorrect seating arrangements (i.e. the BA11-400 has - 2 First, 10 Business, 61 Econ). If you guys would like, I can spend some time working through the fleet(s) re-arranging them if I am given a list of how we want to setup the seating. It will take time since you have to do each airplane individually, but I'm willing to undertake the task as I more often have time to do that kind of thing for 30 minutes or an hour at a time during my work week than make a flight due to my work schedule.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Aircraft Seating

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris :hello:

Y E S.. I noticed this recently when my Rapide only had 7 pax instead of 8.. 1 x 1st class and 6 x econ 8) :lol: I changed it to 8 pax for 1 flight and got exactly the same revenue as Mr F Class paid double for his seat.

I wish I knew what each aircraft was originally sheduled to carry mate. The smaller, older aircraft are quite easy.. the Rapide being a good example but I can't remember them all.

Should we (in theory) get a weight advantage carrying more first class (eg, more weight for fuel) or do 1st class pax weigh twice as much as economy class and carry twice as much luggage? I can see this being open to abuse. Imagine what revenue a 747 kitted out as all first class would bring :-O No.. thinking about it.. it wouldn't matter would it. In the Rapide, you only get offered 7 seats if one is first class so in reality, your 747 would be half empty and making the same revenue. Odd this *-) If you can get a weight advantage for more fuel, then ok but otherwise, I can't see the point :dunno:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Your going to have to average it out to a degree.

With BEA Viscounts for example the 806 at one time carried different amounts of seats to the 802 and some i the fleet were different to others.

I think the Vanguard 951 was different to the 953 but there again given individuals at various time will give a whole load of variations

As Dave says smaller are OK..Herons, Doves, Trislanders, Islanders and the like always have the same amount of seats.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Garry..

For the sake of simplicity in ops.. I think the Vanguards are all 953 or 953c spec.. thank goodness! :lol: We used to have the 953's down as 139pax (same spec as the 952) even though BEA never operated with more than 135 seats. The 951's would be considerably less due to the lower MTOW so to keep things simple for our own sakes.. 951/953 all carry the 953 seating (well 953 maximum seating) ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Glad to hear it :lol:
Garry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Sometimes other considerations dictate how many seats are fitted...I remember on the S1-11s that we used on the German internal flights it was all the same class and 99 seats. We had two cabin staff and two pilots. However, if there had been 1 more seat, making it 100...we would have had to have 3 cabin staff :)

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

First, there is a known problem with the client that it's not always properly adjusting revenue. Konrad knows about it and has fixed it, but has yet to upload the fixed client for whatever reason.

Personally, I don't care how complex we want to make it, as long as I have a list of how many we want to put in. ;)

I would say as we're replicating the seating of the times, we should probably eliminate any First Class seating on anything but our longest-ranged aircraft (i.e. VC-10s, 707s, DC-10s, etc) that were used for International operations beyond Europe. Business Class would also be eliminated on all but the most modern of our fleet as that class didn't exist until the 1970's with the advent of the Wide Body aircraft. From there, we just decide if we want to use 100% max-capacity economy or whether we want to reduce it somewhat to make it possible to carry more cargo or simplify operations for aircraft typically used on longer-range missions (for the type) that would almost always require a reduction in passenger load to make way for fuel. Additionally, if we want to "segregate" some of a fleet for the long-range stuff as well, we can do that. Maybe there's a way to use the statistics to determine what flights are having passenger loads reduced to make room for fuel or identify which ones are carrying no cargo to help in this decision? Either way, each airplane can have its own seating arrangement, making it very flexible to whatever we want to do.

Again, the main thrust of my offer is to do the actual leg work (I would obviously need to be given permission to edit the seating) once a decision is made and a list put together of how we want to do it.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi peter

That's the reason Trislanders take 17 pax, 18 and they need another pilot for some odd reason.

I've often wondered why the One-Eleven 500 was 99 instead of the magic 100.

I picked up a Lufthansa timetable at LHR which was quite a thick booklet

They had seating diagrams of their types and there were several for the different types especially the bigger aircraft.

There were certain A.300's that never went to LHR for reasons of seating although over the years the actual frames may have changed due to overhauls.

Alitalia was the same with some A.300 in high density more local routes which never went there normally and SAS had a few MD's that only did IT's and they never went to LHR but if you went to Stansted they were the only ones that went there...again though they might have rotated during a lengthy timespan.
Garry

Benedettini
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Benedettini »

Sorry to lighten the outdated post again, but I would like to highlight that It would be glad to have proper seatings... Even though (sadly) FSA will not re-alter the aircraft weight dependent on pax/cargo load, it would still look neater, and possibly more realistic if coming versions will force loading.
I don't know if those 1-11 ever had first-class seats, and I have been searching everywhere to find EU seat maps for vintages yet no results but US ones... :(
US Air used 79 seat layout, economy-only...I think all others use 79 too.

Rust and dust, is a must...