Missing VC15 routes in FSA?

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Missing VC15 routes in FSA?

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

It looks like we've lost some Routes. The route database at CBFS is showing VC15 can go from HAAB > FSIA > VCBI > VHHX (or a number of others)

But when I look at VCBI in FSA, there are no flights into or out of it. Can someone have a look please? :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Missing VC15 routes in FSA?

Post by TSR2 »

OK... stange one. I've just gone into it a different way and its showing all of the flights. :dunno:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :)

No idea what's happening there. Those VC10 routes are well trodden so any potential faux pas would have been seen by now *-)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

I'm sure I've had this years ago, but as you can see from the black box logs from my flight, it looks like one Lights below 1000, is using AGL and one is using ASL Lights above 10000. Either way, if you get routed over those mountains your screwed :dunno:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate..

Yes indeed. There are a number of routes like this that always have me shatting myself. HKJK (Jomo Kenyatta) in the TriStar springs to mind as not being a great deal of fun.. compounded by it being a night arrival. I think I spent the last 30miles or so with my eye's glued to the altimeter ready to hit the LL switch :-O
It hardly seems fair being zapped from both ends and I believed there was/is a high alt airport code written in to stop this happening. However, if you're routed over mountians, it's probably fair to say that your safety height should see you clearing them by at least 2000ft. A difficult one to call as Addis Ababa is at 7656ft AMSL which doesn't leave a lot of room for error *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Remember that the LL code allows for you to turn the landing lights on once below 3000 ft AGL, regardless of the MSL. That should solve most of your issues once getting close. Additionally, it's FL100 now for the LL switch, so unless it's a really low pressure, you'll be able to turn them on slightly above 10,000' MSL in most cases.