BA11 - Even 500 series so weak?

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: BA11 - Even 500 series so weak?

Post by NigelC »

Looks like an OAT of -10 at FL300, that's gonna be ISA+a lot (35???). No wonder she won't climb, it's too hot for her!!!

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

Benedettini
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Benedettini »

NigelC wrote:Looks like an OAT of -10 at FL300, that's gonna be ISA+a lot (35???). No wonder she won't climb, it's too hot for her!!!
Well, I don't use IVAO as weather source since its upper-air winds are totally offset, I use FSrealWXlite which gives much more realistic values even including wind data and dewpoints (what recent windcharts point out are exactly shown in simulator). And what I asked if -10 at FL300s are normal compared to -30/-40 IVAO says; I got positive reply that TAT is different than OAT :)

I took off at around 1858Z, and outside was 33 celcius, so you are right :)
Rust and dust, is a must...

Independance
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Independance »

Independance wrote:
Sebastian wrote:All right, but I still have some questions.

Until now, I just had a quick look at your figures and I don`t find the relationship of flight level and fuel use. How can I use the usage per hour with different flight levels like FS 180 or FL 320? That would certainly make huges differences, wouldn`t it?
Hi

No, my figures reflect usage on highest possible level on particural route. This is a jet 8) no matter old one, going higher burns less.

Basically if You fly on route more than 200NM, You always should climb to around 30000ft.

Climb to initial FL300/310, accelerate using climb speed to Ma 0.74, then shallow climb to FL340/FL350. If You are lighter than 44500kg, if speed is no less than Ma 0.7 and if distance permits climb to FL360/FL370.

Flying a jet on long distance at low levels is a waste of time and fuel, something never done in reality.

Best Regards
Tomasz

On FL310 on that route You just wasting Your fuel.

Best Regards
Tomasz
If flight sim hours counted half of us would be flying for the airlines by now.

Hush kits are for wimps.....fly loud, fly proud