Vanguard help please

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Vanguard help please

Post by DaveB »

Hmm *-) The OS shouldn't have any effect on how the Vanguard works but you never know. As I mentioned earlier.. the props/artificial braking worked fine on my XP machine until I put SP3 on. There's nothing in SP3 that could cause them to stop working (AFAIK) but they never worked right again :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Well having got my new super douper high spec PC and set up FSX thereon I have installed the Vanguard.
Despite it having been an FS9 model "ported" for FSX the engines now all behave correctly on start up and shut down!
They all motor quite happily to over 500 RpM, when fuel is switched on N1 runs up but with start fuel set to "start" the props do not turn.
Once all engines running changing Start Fuel to NORM brings up the revs and turns the props!
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady :)

I think this was the same in FS9. FS9 (and FSX) don't like dual start routines although it can be made to work (as in the CL44). The CL44 has 8 engines (in effect).. the 4 main lumps and 4 'simulated' engines (which you can't see). Fraser only came up with this solution after the Vanguard had been released. So.. in the Vanguard.. you see everything working as it should on the flightdeck but as far as the sim is concerned.. the engines are only 'really' starting when the start fuel is switched to NORM which is why you don't see the props turning beforehand.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

It can't be done normally.

There are only four engines in FS and they start with high ground as you are seeing.

The CL-44 does have it but it uses very special clever code written by Fraser coupled with special animated parts to achieve the effect.

What you are getting is just what you should be, Sound but no animation on low ground.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."