LHR-DUB & RTN HST2

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

LHR-DUB & RTN HST2

Post by adysmith »

According to the route listings we have a flight 2196 LHR to Dublin and 2197 back again.

I tried to book 2196 and FSAirlines doesn't list it, so I went via Manchester instead.
Having got to Dublin I tried to book 2917, guess what, FSAirlines doesn't list it.

Any ideas?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: LHR-DUB & RTN HST2

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady :)

CBF2196/2197 do exist but that specific flight is listed for AVYD only so it will only display if you're in YD. There must be a reason for this but it's been so long since these routes were put up.. I can't remember what it might be.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Seems strange since that aircraft is based at Newcastle :dunno:
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's based in Newcastle 'now'.. I can't say if it was always that way. It does seem odd though. The number of the flight is several leaps above the previous flights so I'm wondering if it was a positioning flight.. to get someone out of the mire who might have diverted. This said.. it would have been a one way trip had any of us inserted the flight for that reason. Usually.. a flight like that would be scheduled 'once' rather than left open. It may also be that the flight is some sort of standby. As it's only for one aircraft.. it's likely that the T2 wasn't used on a scheduled service to Dublin.. not initially anyway. I've no idea what year our flights represent.
Looking at my BEA Winter 70-71 timetable.. London-Dublin was served by the Comet, 737, 1-11 and Vanguard. Only one flight per day over that period was flown by the Trident. Move forward to '73 and all flights were either Trident or 737.

I'll unlock it to all aircraft if you really want to fly it though as I say.. there must have been a reason why it was scheduled for only one particular aircraft.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

It's OK, I'll fly a DC3 up to Newcastle, do NT-DUB-LHR-NT then b ring the DC3 back to LHR :)
ImageImage