VC10 INS

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

VC10 INS

Post by adysmith »

I am used to the carousel/CIVA INS (I use it on Concorde X) but I have a couple of questions about its implementation in the VC10.

I run FSX on two pcs, desktop and laptop, the INS appears on the desktop PC but not on the laptop, could this be because I installed the INS after I installed the VC10?

Does the system on the VC10 carry out DME updating to improve position accuracy as flight progresses?

Can waypoints, and DME data, be preloaded on the system (via .awc and .adc files) if so how, or must they all be individually entered manually?

Lastly (not INS related but just VC10) if I click the "alternate (modern) autopilot" switch I get a blank panel, any ideas?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: VC10 INS

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady,

I've never used the INS so I can't answer those questions I'm afraid. As for the 'Modern' AP.. I'm sure it pointed to a default unit.. off the Lear_45. In FSX.. the Lear is listed as Lear45 (no underscore) but looking at the cab.. it is now called Lear_45_XML. Try changing the entry in the VC10's cfg to Lear_45_XML! rather than Lear_45!
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Re: VC10 INS

Post by adysmith »

If the alternative is the default lear A/P I will stick with the more realistic VC10 one, it makes me think about what I am doing a lot more ;)
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.