VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: B377 Stratocruiser

Post by Nigel H-J »

Well, I spoke to Babs and next month I will be buying the A2A Connie! :excited:

I have thought through very carefully on this, and between the 2 I am going for the above. I would much rather pay more for something that offers a bit more and the fact that on a number of reviews I looked at, you get engine wear etc. I think the £47.85 although quite a bit will hopefully give me many hours of flying enjoyment.

All very technical for a none technical guy but just of late very disappointed with a certain aircraft that I paid for and had been released still with a major fault. So twice a year I will be buying from A2A, one that interests me is the Flying Fortress and that would go well with the Douglas C47.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nige.. you get engine wear with the Strat too ;)

I've just taken it for a spin around Prestwick and had no difficulty getting a decent V/S or airspeed out of it. Do you have the CoS expansion Ady or are you running the WoS version?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave, don't have nothing from A2A yet but will be buying the Connie at the end of the month, they work out about the same price if you add the Captain of the Ship to the B377 Stratocruiser.

Will buy another of their aircraft later on in the year September time and probably get the B17 Fortress which takes my fancy.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

You're not reading my posts are you!! :shhh:

I'm sure you're not the only one though :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

DaveB wrote:
I've just taken it for a spin around Prestwick and had no difficulty getting a decent V/S or airspeed out of it. Do you have the CoS expansion Ady or are you running the WoS version?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
Just the WoS version, hopefully I will get time for another quick test flight in the morning.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

adysmith wrote:
blanston12 wrote:Two things are critical, keep your BMEP in the range of 175-180 or higher, you can't just set the MP and RPM's, you have to adjust both to keep the torque up.
Second is keep your speed in the range of 180-190 KIAS. You will have to step climb to maintain your speed and ATC, if you use it, will not be happy cause they wan't you to climb faster.
Torque is on the red line, if I could get a speed of 180 I would be deliriously happy!
If your speed is less than 180 set VS=0 until its back to 190.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

adysmith wrote:
DaveB wrote:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
Just the WoS version, hopefully I will get time for another quick test flight in the morning.
Hats off for sticking with it mate. I flew it a couple of times before going back and buying the CoS addon. Couldn't get passengers to fly with me without it :lol:

I'm not a HUGE fan of Accusim but on this occasion, the CoS expansion not only adds another level of interest.. it also makes the bloody thing easier to get on with. Various FE functions can be controlled by him OR you as you see fit plus you get to hear Larry's voice which must make it worth the asking price :lol: Damage can be turned on or off too though you can still eff it up if you don't heed warnings. I work on the premise that these things had a 4-man crew for a reason and trying to do the lot yourself was never required so why not get a little help ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

DaveB wrote:....plus you get to hear Larry's voice which must make it worth the asking price :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :agree:
Don't forget another CBFSer was involved with that project too. Tony (Techy111) provided the voice for the FO if you select the British crew in the options.

It seems like a lifetime ago now that we worked on that project.
Larry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Blimey yes.. whatever happened to Tony *-) Hope he's still getting good use out of the CH throttle quad I gave him but I doubt it somehow :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Between getting rid of the spoilers (edited aircraft.cfg) and setting cowl flaps correctly, I got her from LHR to MAN this morning.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.