Flight Replicas Heron

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Flight Replicas Heron

Post by simondix »

I have flown the Heron on a few flights and the Flight Replicas model seems to have fuel consumption a lot higher than the guidelines on the routes section. Has anyone else noticed this or am I giving it too much wellie. I am getting a maximum off 22 on the MP and staying just at the top of the green on the rpm. I am getting about 130kts at 8000'. I should also add this is in P3Dv4 and therefore I cannot compare it to the other model.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Flight Replicas Heron

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Simon
I've not flown the Heron for a while but I remember it was heavier on fuel than the stats indicated Not sure how accurate the stats are for that matter :dunno:
The fixed u/c was worse, as to be expected.
Speed was a bit crap, again not too sure how that compares with real world.
Not dificult to made some aircraft cfg alterations to improve figures and I'm not sure if I did make some myself. I suppose its how true to life you want
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Flight Replicas Heron

Post by simondix »

Yes I just wondered the figures in the Aircraft Manual for cruise speeds are quite low. Should be able to give the Heron a run for its money with the Rapide. Glad you found it heavy on the fuel and it is not just me. I will leave the cfg well alone.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman