Registration Fleets

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Registration Fleets

Post by blanston12 »

I was looking at the fleet organization today and was examining a number of fleets we have that all start with 'x. Registrations -###'.
We have 20 of them, between them they contain:

49 Aeroprakt Foxbat
43 Dornier Do-27
93 Rans S7 Courier
104 Scheibe SF-25 Motorfalke

What is the reason for us to have these fleets?
Do we still need them?

There is also a fleet called 'JW Holdings' that has a Rockwell Aviation Commander 690B and a Vickers Vanguard 953c Merchantman. Does anybody know anything about this fleet?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Elvis Presley
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Registration Fleets

Post by Elvis Presley »

I'm so glad you have asked that question. It has puzzled me too but I thought I was too much of a noob to dare ask :hide:
Mind, while we are on the subject of me being puzzled, the Connies that don't go anywhere except London and Filton and the two broken DC-7's are a mystery to me too ;)
Jim

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I can work on the connie flights, just saw a 1949 BOAC time table (at http://www.timetableimages.com) that has connie routes from London to NYC/Bermuda and London to Sydney, plus British Commonwealth Pacific routes from Sydney to San Francisco, all we would need is a connector from NYC to SF and we would have an around the world flight with it.

We could do some digging and get some routes for the DC-7 but since there is not at present a modern DC-7C aircraft model I would not be as motivated.
Joe Cusick,

Elvis Presley
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Elvis Presley »

If you could do that Joe, yes please thank you and I will fly those routes I promise. Have wanted to fly the Connie America - Australia since I read Nigel Fraters book (Beyond the blue horizon) when he was talking about his trips home as a boy. I think that is part of the Southern Cross route?
Were people more romantic then I wonder, the Kangaroo route sometimes still gets a byline sometimes, but I doubt you will find any mention of the Bird of Paradise route anywhere on Expedia or Lastminute.com. More's the pity
Jim

Elvis Presley
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Elvis Presley »

PS I know I'm a bit OCD. I also know it's just a very tiny bit, now, those Swedish guys well, that's something else. Hats off to them B)smk
Jim

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I did a little work and from the 49/51/53 BOAC timetables came up with some basic routes, London, Sydney, San Francisco, New York, Lisbon, Johannesburg. The bulk of the fleet is still in Bristol and would have to be moved to heathrow, and I think there is at OPKC.

I must have missed something, "Swedish guys"? Maybe I don't need to know.
Joe Cusick,

Elvis Presley
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Elvis Presley »

Good job Joe. I will do the Connie TR when I'm back, just two hops to go now Schipol then Heathrow. Though if I'm not mistaken I don't seem to see any TR's for them?
I guessed they were Swedish, the timetable guys in your link, you know with a name like Bjorn and a photo from Uppsala, but they could be from anywhere I suppose lol
cheers
Jim

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Nice one Joe :thumbsup:
I've thought for a while we should have somewhere to fly what is a classic non brit. May take the plunge and buy one now. Although my aim is to change to P3d v4 and I don't want to buy it twice. Anyone have any opinions on which is best, A2A or Just Flight ? Or is that a daft question :lol:
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Vc Ten wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 20:10
Nice one Joe :thumbsup:
I've thought for a while we should have somewhere to fly what is a classic non brit. May take the plunge and buy one now. Although my aim is to change to P3d v4 and I don't want to buy it twice. Anyone have any opinions on which is best, A2A or Just Flight ? Or is that a daft question :lol:
Cheers
Dale
I am sure those that have spent money on the A2A will say its the best. I am sure its more detailed than the just flight version, but the just flight version is included in P3D so I would say give it a try and see if its to the standard you want to use. It's the one I use and so far I am happy with it.

I got the academic version of V4.1 and am very happy with it, much better than FSX IMHO. Yes, they probably will make us pay for a new version in two years, but I figure that's the cost of keeping them in business. It's not as if Microsoft gave discounts when you had to upgrade from Flight Sim 95, to 98 to 2000, to 2002, to 2004, to FSX.....
Joe Cusick,

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Hey Jim. I gave you the TR rating for the Connies and made the relocation route from Bristol to Heathrow a training route, I figured that was a cheap way to move them home.

But the question still remains, what to do with the Registration Fleets?
Joe Cusick,