BN2 Routes Orkney

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

BN2 Routes Orkney

Post by simondix »

I was wondering if it would be possible to make more routes in Orkney available for the BN2. Specifically the EGEW-EGEP one. As this is the worl'd shortest and is flown by the BN2 I would like to do fly it and connecting flights.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: BN2 Routes Orkney

Post by blanston12 »

I was just looking at our BN2 routes. Most of them seam to be short loops. While there is no route from EGEW to EGEP, there is one from EGEP to EGEW. The route in question (CBF2801) Goes through EGPA -> EGEP -> EGEW -> EGPA. If we were to make a reverse from EGEW to EGEP would we want to make reverses for all the loop routes we have for the BN2. All the Orkney island routes seam to originate through Kirkwall (EGPA)

Now there is no connector from the northern routes to the southern routes, we could add connecting flights from EGPF to EGHD via EGGP (Glasgow to Plymouth via Liverpool) if there is demand.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: BN2 Routes Orkney

Post by simondix »

I overlooked that one, in that case don't worry but thanks for looking into it. I need to go to specsavers
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman