blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Our fleets : Comments please

Post by blanston12 »

Vc Ten wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 21:24
Sound fine Joe. :thumbsup:
There's a few a/c parked in Kemble waiting to be transfered to mothball. I think we aren't too sure how to do it :-O
Dale
Hi Dale, I see there is an Argonaut there, I switched it to Mothball flight.

To change them go to the aircraft information page for each AC and Under 'Management Options' there is a choice for " Edit Aircraft Information", you can change it in there.

I see at Kemble there are 10 BAC 1-11's and 5 BAC 146's that are not part of the mothball fleet but according to my counts we already have enough mothballed. We can move them into the mothball fleet or back to airports.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Joe
If you think we have enough mothballed, then best to release them back to home bases. They are popular aircraft types
Dale.
Image Image Image

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

I've just moved A748 G-EDIN back to Glasgow, lots of 748 routes from there and no aircraft based there.
Hasn't flown for years so I will probably put it in for a service on arrival.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I hope I did not mess you up on this, today I was transferring some aircraft to the mothball fleet including a batch of 748's.

Compared to the original plan this should be the last batch of aircraft that need to be mothballed.
Joe Cusick,

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Hi Dale, I see you moved one of our 146's to Exeter. We actually had a couple of 146's parked at Kemble and we had 7 each of the 200's and 300's in the active fleet, where I had originally planned for 8. So I have moved one each out of the mothball fleet, moved one each of the 200's to EGJJ, EGLC and EGHI. Of the 300's the one I pulled out of mothballs I will move to Stansted.
Joe Cusick,

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Ok Joe no problems
I saw the 2 in Kemble but wondered if it's better to leave them there to go into the mothball fleet (I probably moved them there myself but didn't transfer them to the fleet. ) Thought I'd move the one at Bournemouth for Paul as it was the nearest .
If we want to pull an aircraft out of storage at Kemble I see we don't have a maintenance base there, although there is a lower cost operator than the FSA maintenance service. Is there any cost advantage in us having our own?
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Should we have a maintenance center in Kemble? Well that depends on how often we pull aircraft out of storage. If we were planning on pulling a bunch of aircraft out of storage it would be worth it, but as it is I don't think so. Right now we have six maintenance centers, at most of our major hubs.
Joe Cusick,