Post by Vc Ten »

:thumbsup:
Image Image Image

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Re: When does an aircraft become a classic

Post by Motormouse »

Brymon used to use the Dash 8-300, under the guise of BA, later, 4 tails went to Air Southwest as G-WOWA thru G-WOWD , these four were used by / for Eastern , when Eastern bought Air Southwest.

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I noticed when going through my 97 time table that there were lots of 757 and DH8 routes, so with the intention of updating the 757 routes I am going through it again trying to get all of those plus any Quantas 744 routes that look interesting. The TT does list in there aircraft abbreviations DH7 as well as DH8 so If I run across them I will note them down also, so if anyone is interested in DHC-8-300 routes I will have them.

Sometimes I can't stop myself.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I saw the youtube live video of Pmdg 747 400 release to P3dv5 last night. It looks really good. I see we have the routes, and a couple of 400 a/c This is going to get expensive :lol:
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

i have now completed two RTW flights in the 747-400, trying to earn back some of the money I spent on them. First was three stops, EGLL->VTDB->YSSY->KLAX->EGLL, second was just two EGLL->VHHH->KSFO->EGLL.

On a side note, I was reading somewhere that there is an around the world flight that makes only on one stop, think it was USA to India where it flys east on the first leg over Europe, then continues east over china on the return to take advantage of the winds, but now that I look for it I can't find it, think I remember it being a 772 flight.

On another side note, saw on pcaviator that the Virtualcol Dash 8 was on sale for only 12$. VirtualCol is not the greatest maker of aircraft and often when I say that a freeware/default aircraft is not great its better than some payware aircraft I have used, a VirtualCol aircraft is in my mind. But the price was right so I figured why not, so far it seams a little bit better than a default aircraft, and it has all four versions of the dash 8 with lots of liveries, and is V5 compatible.
Joe Cusick,

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

It depends how you define a RTW flight.

A friend of mine did a Real World non stop round the world flight in a Piper Aztec.
Having taken off from Spitzbergen (I think) he orbited the North Pole, twice, in the space of one minute!
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

adysmith wrote:
26 May 2020, 09:08

A friend of mine did a Real World non stop round the world flight in a Piper Aztec.
Having taken off from Spitzbergen (I think) he orbited the North Pole, twice, in the space of one minute!
Was that the magnetic pole or geographical pole?
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

simondix wrote:
26 May 2020, 09:20
adysmith wrote:

Isn't the magnetic north pole somewhere in Canada? I remember the Top Gear episode where they tried to drive to it. If so geographical north probably would have been closer to Spitzbergen .
Joe Cusick,

canuck51
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by canuck51 »

The pole is rapidy moving from Canada to Siberia. I believe it is a peace offering to Russia?? The last time I checked there were 2 competing magnetic rich blobs, one under Canada and the other under Siberia, and the Russian one was increasing in intensity and winning the tug of war. At least the reversal of poles presently seems less likely to happen any time soon.

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

simondix wrote:
26 May 2020, 09:20
adysmith wrote:

Geographic pole
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.