Islander.

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Islander.

Post by simondix »

What has happened to all the Islanders. They seem to have disappeared except for 2 at St. Just.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Islander.

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Simon The 2 Islanders we have in service, ones in Lands end, the other in Glasgow The remaining Islanders are out of service in the mothball fleet. Looking at the pilot ratings, you are the only one who currently flys the type, so you won't have to wait until one becomes available. However, maybe they are not positioned exactly where you want to fly from. Because of the costs to the VA in having to maintain and pay for parking fees on so many aircraft the hardly turned a wheel, putting them into mothball saves the VA a lot. If demand dictates, its no problem pulling aircraft back out. Must admit I wanted to fly 737 out of Manchester on Sunday last, but Andy had the only remaining a/c enroute to Antalya. I had to transfer to Egbb to pull the one from there. Perhaps as we have a more active flight crew of late we release a few a/c back out??
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Islander.

Post by simondix »

Thanks for that. I seem to pick the obscure aircraft to fly. As I dont spend my wages on anything at FS Airlines I will just purchase tickets to leapfrog airfields. If there was a York and a Lancastrian for P3dv5 I would go for those as well. Thanks for the prompt reply.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman