Info needed to get aircraft onto the FlyNET database

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

John, I will try, but I am still having problems getting into the website from my home computer, so it may take some time.

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

DaveB wrote:I agree Chris.. it's a little confusing isn't it. I don't have the Merchantman FM to hand but I can certainly get it. Is it possible to change aircraft info in the databank once it's been input?? I don't want it to stop any conceivable ops so by all means, go with what you're happy with. In the meantime, I'll get the info for the Merchantman and pass it to you when received :wink:

This VA lark is rather more complicated than I ever imagined!!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
Hi Dave,
This does sound strange, I know our max payload for the 953c with Airbridge was 18tons, I'm suprised the 952 could carry the same in the fwd/aft lower holds.

I can only think that the freight mod that the a/c received didn't allow for more weight just more bulk capacity, the floors were lowered & strenghened, the freight door that was fitted weighed a ton also.

great work with all these figures, very impressive.
looking forward to getting her on the ramp, I'm itching to get going!

Robbie.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Robbie :wink:

This is a prob that has to be sorted I agree. The 953 Flight Manual I borrowed was actually off EchoPapa 'Superb' but.. was the 'Generic' spare that was kept onboard. I can pull 'the real thing.. EP's FM' and scan it but it will take us no further down the line for the non-Merchantman aircraft. I'll do this anyway to dot the I's and cross the T's :wink: It's b1oody unfortunate that no standard 953's exist :sad:

ATB

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

One of the thing that FlyNET wants is the current market value of the AC. Many of the AC we want to add, like the Trident and Comet are no longer in use, so how do we figure out the market value of them.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

blanston12 wrote:One of the thing that FlyNET wants is the current market value of the AC. Many of the AC we want to add, like the Trident and Comet are no longer in use, so how do we figure out the market value of them.
We have to make an assumption of a value as if they if they were still flying and available today. From what I can see, the easiest way is to look at the database of aircraft types/valuations and try and 'slot' ours into a valuation which we feel is appropriate and fair. For example we could compare an HS748/Herlad to the ATR45, or the Trident to the B727. Some may be a bit more difficult to make a fair valuation but we'll get something sorted out.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

If you give me the "as new" price I can make a few educated guesses to figure out how much it'd go for today in "good" condition and then set the price.

Some examples - a Vanguard will go for about $2 Million, a Dove for about $150,000, and a Herald for about $500,000.

I know these becuase that's what similar aircraft would go for.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Chris,

I've put some stickies at the top of this forum for aircraft that still require the data to get them added to the database. If you want to come up with some fair prices please post your valuation in each. You are probably more expert at assessing the values with comparable acft already in the database.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

John..

The more I look into the 'detail' of what is required for Flynet.. the more I find the requirements a little OTT. Perhaps OTT is not the right expression but detail like Dry Operating Weight is a good example. I pulled out the Trident3B FM I have and found there is really no simple answer as what is found in the manual does not always coincide with the model.
I looked further, at Rick's Vanguards this time, and found that whatever the book says is irrelevant if the model isn't consistent. Looking briefly at the 951, 953 and 953c paints available.. they all give the same loading info so.. the logical path is to follow what the models can do and not what the real aircraft did. Not all but a lot of the info you've asked for is available in the fuel/payload and info sections for each of the aircraft listed in your info request :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

David, I'd prefer you put in what the real aircraft can do. The program does not modify the payload section of the aircraft, so what is said in the database is mostly for revenue purposes. You must manually change the weights in the aircraft's payload once you load FS and before you start FlyNET.

Also, it's much, much easier to change the payload and weight data in the model than it is to change how FlyNET works.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. I understand that to some degree (though I fully admit VA is something I've never participated in before) but none of the flight manuals I have actually list DOW so at least for ease of use.. emptying the aircraft of fuel and payload or reading the 'Empty Weight' from the fuel/payload section of the model is the best solution. Some guesswork/rounding-up has to be used because variables possible on real aircraft cannot be applied in the sim.
Here's an example of the possible freight/pax loading on the Trident3B..
Freight
Hold 1 - 1077kg + 433kg
Hold 2 - 3220kg
Hold 3 - 885kg + 1485kg
Hold 4 - 4680kg
Hold 5 - 330kg + 580kg
Pax compartment
Stations 15-35 Freight loaded - 7400kg
Stations 15-35 Freight unloaded - 9200kg
Stations 35-41 - 2410kg
Stations 41-50 Freight loaded - 4990kg
Stations 41-50 Freight unloaded - 6210kg

Fortunately, I have loadsheets for the 3B but even this gives 2 different figures.. 38178kg and 38334kg :shock: Without using the details given in the models.. it's gonna take a long time to get accurate info for the fleet as it stands.

ATB

ImageImage