Trident 2 Data needed

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Chris

If these figures are more to do with dispatch then Leif Harding is your man

He will be able to tell you all you need to know as that has been his life and experience and he is an expert in that field.

He has been doing that as a career since long before many forum member were even born!

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

OK Chris, lets just let this rest for now. Until FlyNET actually does something with these figures it is immaterial. Even if we were to come up with some accurate data it all depends on what FL the aircraft is operated at. Winds aloft, time of year all come into the equation. Whilst at the moment the speed is not relevant we'll pick a number as near as we, any of us, can estimate. As and when FlyNET make any alterations to this then we can review things. Even then if we came up with a figure, someone else who chooses to operate the same aircraft may come up with another one. At then end of the day good operation will show in the block fuel used. I'm pitching it just a bit slower than the T3.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

John,

Cruise TAS doesn't change depending on winds aloft nor does the temperature or altitude make much difference for the flight planning side. You use a set TAS for cruise for all flight planning and then everything else is added by FlyNET. I'm not sure why this has become such an issue though.

I found the info I needed just by going to Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker-Sid ... ifications

Look at the line "Max Cruise Speed". That gives your cruise speed. Knock about 10% off of that (to give a more "normal" cruise speed) and you get a general cruise speed of 473 KTAS. That's what you can put in.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Chris

Take you head out of your own exhaust pipe and take a hint mate.

Garry
Garry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Ummm for what its worth - TAS/IAS values are not used by most airlines I know - they cruise at a mach number

Leif

BY the way Peters figure of mach .88 for the trident sounds about right
funny we have advanced sooo far the 737-800 and the 'airboose are normally planned at .78 with a 300 point economy mangement factor
dialed into the FMS

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Lief, do you not use TAS when you're filling out the FP form for the charter flight that you're dispatching or to figure out the time needed for the plane to get from A to B on that same flight?

Gary, I'll take a hint when people start reading what I'm typing and posting on the screen in front of them. This isn't about what you set while you're flying the airplane. It's about how the flight is planned.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Chris if you read the posts then you would see John telling you to let it rest for now.............But you know better

Garry
Garry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

OK,

Please let's not labour on this speed issue any longer. For the time being it can be 400kts or 600kts it makes no odds. The only published data is real life data and we are using a micro$oft environment. UNTIL it becomes life threatening to get the correct figure 'lets put this to bed'.

However........................anyone got a MZFW ?

Rgds

John

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

No Chris I dont - I set up the flight plan for best mach for ALL in the information I load in and the nice little program firgures the TAS for me -
Once upon a time many many years ago I actually did the conversion with
an E6b but these days I dont need to - just as 100% of Major Carrier Dispatchers dont - anyway I can do a quick wag and give you what .88
comes out to still air and ISA

Leif

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

ANYONE FOR A MZFW PLEASE ?