Trident 3 data needed

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Peter,

I'm glad that has been sorted to some degree (oh.. and happy birthday for last weekend. My sincere apologies for not posting it but I had one of the more unusual Saturday/Sunday's) :curse:
It's really odd sitting here with a FM that you have flown with. Unfortunately, it is not mine to keep.. I am only it's custodian :sad:

Don't know if you were flying Tri3's in '76 but that was my steed from Heathrow to Lisbon for a 22month tour at Nato there.. 'Comiberlant as was'. I'm almost certain it was a Tri3 and almost certain it was on Nov14 or Nov16. A very poor misty/foggy day in London and some 2hrs later.. T-Shirt weather (though the locals were wearing overcoats)!! :lol:

BTW.. ZuluOscar's FM was last ammended 1982 :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Dave,

I was on days off 13th-17th November 1976...Actually I very seldom went to Lisboa :smile:

Thanks...Got a nice book that I've just finished...and a GPS for my car...It has the whole of Europe in it and I'm very impressed. I was missing my GPS since I "Swallowed the Anchor" :dance:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that Peter :wink: I only flew out there. Not too many months later, I hitched a lift back to the UK by road courtesy of one of the RAF guys and drove back to Portugal (via ferry to Santander) on my Suzuki GT185 :shock: Carefree days if not a little foolhardy!! :lol:

Glad you had a nice birthday and some nice toys too by the sound of it :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

petermcleland wrote:
RAF_Quantum wrote:Thanks guys.

Figures duly amended. Peter M, I don't suppose you know if that dry weight is about right? That figure is also in the aircraft.cfg file
John,

That does tax the grey cells but the ZFW rings a bell...I will email a friend who was a Training Captain and see if he has retained any numbers or manuals.

Oh and I think that Econ cruise speed should be M0.86 and I think it may even have come down to M0.84 but I drew the line at 86 because I found that it used the same overall fuel as 84.
Like me he has no longer got any weights figures but he does confirm your M0.88 as the original cruise econ speed, but agrees that it was reduced considerably when the price of fuel started to climb through the roof!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote: Glad you had a nice birthday and some nice toys too by the sound of it :wink:
Yes, Nica and I went out to dine at a recommended hostelry out in the sticks here and I just put in the Post Code...It gave us explicit verbal instructions all the way and was VERY flexible...If you ignored her instructions, she only waited a few moments before recalculating the rest of the route from where you actually were "Now" and resumed her procedures. Really excellent...If you didn't want to turn left because you knew that the road that way was impossibly narrow, and turned right instead, she was quickly on the ball with modified route.

When she announced our "Arrival at Destination"...I could see the little chequered flag on the moving VC map but we could not see the Hostelry and continued on...Shortly she said "Turn Around as soon as possible"...Which we did, and when we got to the Chequered Flag again, we stopped and asked someone who was washing his car..."Just there under the hanging baskets", he said and then we saw a narrow alley with sign to the "Dartmoor Union" car park.

I was VERY impressed and I've been using GPS (in boats) since just before the Americans actually released it, before the first Gulf War...Furthermore, Nica was very impressed and that IS something. Looking foreward to using it on the Continent :dance: