flying the dc3

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

david balmer

flying the dc3

Post by david balmer »

sorry for asking a daft question, but i need to know before i whizz of in to the clear blue yonder. i understand that you have to fly at 20,000ft for the program to work. how can you attain that altitude with a none pressurised aircraft. the dc3 would fly at 3500 to 5500. also the what do you do about the landing lights, leave them on all the time as you would not go above 5500. i don't want to just say what the heck and bring a cost fine down on the VA. also where are the dc3 being based.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I did a Fk100 flight with a cruise of FL140 and the program functioned without any issues.
Last edited by Charlie Bravo on 15 May 2006, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

The programme will work at DC-3 altitudes no problem. You can operate them at any realistic altitude you wish. The restriction for landing lights I will repeat here for you :-

a)Must be ON below 1,000ft. So make sure you have them ON for take-off. Make sure you have them ON for landing before you descend through 1000ft.

b) Must be OFF above 10,000ft.

No routes for the DC-3 yet so no bases decided. Several classic British airlines operated DC-3's. My initial thoughts are probably Norwich, Aberdeen, Southend. I will wait for people to submit info. If you have any info that you can give then feel free to post in the appropriate thread. Once the aircraft data is complete and we have our fleet we can concentrate on building the route structure applicable for each aircraft and base them accordingly. We will concentrate on Europe to start with and then look at overseas operations at a later date. I'm sure some folk will want to get the Argosy over to the USA and some Vanguards in Canada.

Regards

John

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Thanks for the info john. i'll have a look for uk routes and submit. you might consider manchester and liverpool. those were major hubs for the dc3. as to date this VA seems to be gaining strength and filling a spot nobody else has.