The Rough Guide to Fuel Planning

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks for the info Dave and as for Steve well.............I honestly never bothered to check who the previous pilot was but having read his recent posts.........I think he has taken the hint!!! :lol: :lol:

Regards Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Now don't do that.. Steve will get a complex :lol: You can check the aircraft status prior to accepting it and see what fuel is onboard but I rarely do. More often than not, I go for a reg that I have a paint for.. very scientific!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Same here Nigel. I've got VC-10 GG out in Oz at the moment simply because that is the BOAC livery that I have.
Sometimes you pick a plane at random and find it has a load of fuel on board. You say a silent thank you to whoever had it last and make a little bit of extra money on the flight.
As the VA has nearly 10 billion in the bank and I have quarter of a million and nothing to spend it on it's all fairly irrelevant anyway :smile:

Happy flying

Steve

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That was probably a 'me' and not a Nigel Steve but yes.. I'm exactly the same mate. Sometimes you trip over say.. a 748 with 2.5t onboard and think 'who the hell had this beforehand'?? You then count your blessings and knock off a lot of what you intended to buy :lol:

I rarely fly anything I don't have a paint for but since throwing an Nvidia card back into the pc and losing my spinning aircraft, it's become a bit of a lottery :sad: I'm in the process of working through my aircraft.cfg's now to show the reg in the UI Variation but in hindsight.. long live ATI!! :wink:

You can buy a fair amount of aircraft with 250k btw Steve.. unless of course you're saving for something a little special :worried:

ATB

ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Steve, that was definitely a 'him' and not a 'me' but going back to the accounts.......I'm going to have to start increasing my flying hours as don't think I have enough to even put down a deposit on a landing light!!! :lol:

Regards Nigel.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

A Chipmouse is the first thing to aim for Nigel.. I think they're around 35k.. but be warned. You personally pay for all your gas and are not allowed to carry pax. You're also responsible for your own maint too so make sure you have enough dosh in the kitty :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Paying for your own gas?? :shock:
Don't like the sound of that

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nor me!! :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No.. me neither!! That's why I'm more of a 'Collector' than a PPL man :lol: You gotta spend it on something!! :wink:

ATB

ImageImage