One-Eleven Limiting Weights

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

One-Eleven Limiting Weights

Post by NigelC »

I am in the process of trying to make my One-Eleven flying a little more realistic, specifically in altering the weights in the aircraft.cfg file.

For instance, the 510ED was a lightweight with a max TOW of between 41 and 42 tonnes (I'm at work, haven't got the exact figure to hand), I know I came back on the jumpseat from Malaga to Stansted on one (Air Bristol) and we struggled to get back without a tech stop. We got held down at FL310 because of an overtaking Monarch A320, and only when he passed and we went up to FL350 behind him we could put the AERAD charts for Bordeaux away.

On the "true" 500's, some of these had a MTOW of 45,200kg. If they had a pintle mod done on the undercarriage then the MTOW could go up to 47,400kg. This was the situation with G-AWWZ and G-AXMG when they arrived at BIA from Monarch. We regularly operated G-AXLN and G-AYWB down to Athens, as they had the heavier MTOW but WZ and MG couldn't do it until we had the Mod done on them. As an aside we had an artificial flight manual limitation on these aircraft of 46,750kg for a while as it brought them into a lower charging band for route charges if my memory serves me right.

My question is, will changing these figures in the cfg file have any impact on FSA use, or does it use a pre-stored set of figures?

Rgds

Nigel C
Last edited by DaveB on 18 Dec 2011, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: By DaveB.. I've found Nigel's Load Sheet and have uploaded it again.

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Re: One-Eleven Limiting Weights

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Nigel,

There are some parameters that the client checks between the user aircraft and the database to confirm the 'correct' aircraft is being used, one of them being gross weight. There is an 'allowance' to give you a margin for differences. All I can say is, make your cfg changes and try it with the client. If it gives you a 'wrong aircraft' warning then tweak the gross until you don't get the warning. The MTOW on the FSA database is 47,400kgs.

Regards

John

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Many thanks John.

If anyone's interested, I have done an Excel spreadsheet based on a standard IATA loadsheet which by entering DOW, MZFW, MLW, MTOW, Take-off fuel, and Total traffic load calculates all the appropriate figures and whether you are Zero Fuel, Landing or Take-Off Weight limited which I would be happy to share. Should work with any aircraft provided you have the appropriate numbers.

Nigel

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Nigel :wave:

Hope all is well in Hednesford. Must get up that way soon as I've not seen my folks for months and they live down the road in Pelsall :)

If you'd like to send me that spreadsheet via email, I can upload it to my space here for other pilots to download ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

Nigel has very kindly sent me v1 of his loadsheet and you can grab a copy HERE

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!