Hybrid measurements in FSX

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Hybrid measurements in FSX

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi there, Trying to get my sim set up before my first training flight :)
To get the fuel to display as Kg in the sim I have set the measurements options in settings to Hybrid
This seems fine and the fuel now displays in Kg something I, and the client will understand better
The aircraft heights are in feet and the speed / distance in miles (Nm)
However I like flying using the radio and tuning from vor to vor So I set up a flight plan in FSX using low level way points, ( dont travel far enough to use high level ones) but when I print out the Nav log the distances are all in Km
How do others deal with this?
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Hybrid measurements in FSX

Post by Chris Trott »

Dale, use of units is purely a user decision. The only thing left that won't output in Imperial is the flight planning document on the website. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon. Everything else works off whatever you choose in your user profile as the units to use.

Oh, and make sure you're using the newest BETA version. The "mainline" version is really out of date and actually has more problems than the BETA.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Thanks for reply Chris
Will stick to using Metric for fuel loading but will swap over to US measurement to print out the nav log ( then swap back to Hybrid before loading the flight ) Not sure if anyone is using anything other than the inbuilt Nav log, which was the main reason for posting I like the Microsoft version its simple enough but gives me the route information I need I pull of the Airport information separately for ILS beacon frequency and heading, so I dont have to jump out of the sim to the map when ATC gives vectors to approch
Thanks for the tip with the Client software I've replaced it with the latest version. the plugin doesnt seem to work though but the standalone seems ok
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yeah, I've never had any real luck with the plugin. I like the standalone better anyway. Seems to take less processing power.