G-AZSU

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hs748flyer

G-AZSU

Post by hs748flyer »

Just a notice to anyone who wants to fly her:

Aircraft is currently in Sumburgh, after a training run from Aberdeen today. She shall be returned tomorrow.

Cheers,

Michael. T

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Re: G-AZSU

Post by MALTBY D »

Hi Michael

I noticed you'd been out and about. Always good to see a new pilot go out again after their first flight! :thumbsup:

There's no need to inform anyone when you leave an aircraft away from base. Once you take it, it's yours until you take it back to a base.
Obviously, if it's a busy route with only one aircraft, then you should get it back quick as you can. But usually we've got lots of aircraft available, so it doesn't matter if you stay away for a while.

All the bases can be found on this page (select aircraft type and click 'Display')...
http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfsim/g-cbfs/C ... FT_SQL.php

David
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Michael Good that you are enjoying the 748, she flies well dosnt she. and no problems with overspeed below 10000ft!! :) I have difficulty on taxying though, she needs umphs of power to get moving then throttle back and brake to stop her exeeding 25 knts There are other issues with fsx but no big deal to stop enjoying her. As David says, the planes your responsibility till you return it to home base. I took 1-11 out of manchester the other week over to Hamburg I think. Descided to return via Heathrow but booked the wrong plane to return back to base, leaving the Manchester based plane in London, Had the do a return flight to swap them around
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

hs748flyer

Post by hs748flyer »

MALTBY D wrote:There's no need to inform anyone when you leave an aircraft away from base. Once you take it, it's yours until you take it back to a base.
Thanks for informing me David - Just thought I'd mention it incase someone enjoyed flying AZSU. However, if I do take something and it will have to stand overnight or something, I will post it in the after flight notes - just for good measure :)
Vc Ten wrote:she flies well dosnt she
The HS. 748 certainly is a nice fly - not hard to slow like the 1-11 and Trident (that obviously means they are aerodynamically efficient?), but, like you, I have issues with the taxi as-well. I generally add just enough power to break free, then retard it back. It might be an option to engage the "flight" propeller stops, so you can taxi under idle thrust.

I think the great thing about the 748 is how forgiving the aircraft is - during my initial "tests" at Sea-tack and Boeing field, the aircraft will land over speed, under speed, everything! Crosswinds etc are little matter, even for me, who has no practise with crosswinds what-so-ever. The aircraft always softly kisses the runway.
Rick Piper deserves plenty of credit for this aircraft.

Now, after I start doing loads of flights with the 748, I might even move onto Viscount territory...

Michael. T

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

hs748flyer wrote: - not hard to slow like the 1-11 and Trident

Story goes of a Pan Am 747 approaching Lambourne Hold... ATC" Descend Flight Level 90, reduce speed 230kts"... Pan Am" Sir, we can go down or we can slow down, we can't do both" :Dance:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Benedettini
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Benedettini »

i.e I flew G-APMC from LHR to Birmingham, but yet I didnt take it back...someone took it for a rotation flight too, so even i still own it, he took it for flight and back. So,still there :) I dont think its problem. Is it okay?

Turker.
Rust and dust, is a must...

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

On the way from Kirkwall to Sumburgh last week...

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

With the 748, using a lot of power to get moving and then throttling back is pretty much like real life. It was common to keep the power set and use bakes to check speeds.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

The 748 behaves on tarmac the same as the native fs aircraft do on grass. That is it bogs down as soon as power is reduced. I would hazard a guess there is some settings in config file that determines on how it rolls depending on the terrain surface. I try to avoid taxying, usually appearing at the start of the flight at the end of the active runway. This spoils things somewhat but stops any chance of 25knt penalty. Also avoids over fuel useage with constant reving up and braking
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image