Engine fire!!!

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Engine fire!!!

Post by Vc Ten »

Not sure if I need to inform anyone But experienced a port engine fire in1-11 G-AVMR on the way from Eham today. I have no failures set in FSX so must have come from the client I dont have notification alarms set on the client so after end flight there was nothing to see anyhow. Alarm bell wouldnt cancel so had to turn the sound down. Luckily have Atc voice through different speakers so at least was vectored in properly even if the landing was a dogs dinner.
Good fun init :lol:
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Engine fire!!!

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale :lol:

Yes.. for this reason, it's always a good idea to have notifications turned on :lol: It does sound very much like it was FSA induced and if you got to your destination in one piece, that's all that matters. I've never turned back but the last time I had an incident like this, we didn't have the 'divert' facility. If you find it's difficult for you to go on (which it would be on a longhaul).. I'd suggest you think about diverting. Look around to find a suitable diversion field then go to the client and declare 'divert'. You can then descend and land in good time and you'll not be penalised. The aircraft will automatically fix itself and onward routing from the diversion field to your destination field is generated. You won't see any revenue for that part of the flight but you'll get it all (minus any additional fuel you had to take on) when you reach the designated destination ;)

Of course, you can always battle on as you did if the aircraft remains flyable :)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Dave :hello:
Read on the va somewhere that induced failures need reporting but cant find it now :worried: I left notifications off because if I come out of the sim to see whats up, with having multi screen setup everthing gets misplaced when returning to the sim and you spend the next 5 mins moving it all back. After pressing "Fly" next time I see the client page is after I press end flight and then hope theres no penalties showing. May have to rethink this strategy after this afternoons experience ;)
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Yes.. I can see a multi monitor setup would complicate things. I use two but I also use FSX in windowed mode so it's not such a problem. FS9 is easy as it accepts multiple monitors with ease :) Hitting the WINDOWS key should reduce the main screen while leaving everything working and I leave the client under the main screen ;)

I think the thread is Flynet/FSA induced failures.. report them here and can be found on the FSAirlines info forum :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!