VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul Gibson
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

help getting started

Post by Paul Gibson »

hi all.
Basically how do i go about doing some training flights in the HS Trident? ive had a look around on the fsairlines crew center but so far ive had no luck in booking an actual flight, when i try to book a flight, its showing there's none available.
any sort of walk through on booking a training flight would be great

Thanks in advance

Paul

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: help getting started

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul :)

A couple of things..
I presume you got here after receiving a PM from DM at FSA. Secondly, you need to tell DM which aircraft you wish to fly then a type rating for that aircraft will be issued ;) First, you'll get a training type rating and the only flights you'll be able to see will be Trident 3 training flights (T3 is the training aircraft for the type). On successful completion of your 6 training flights, a full type rating will be issued on the T3 and T2. You will then see all T2 and T3 flights if any are available from the airport you're at :)

That brings me to another question..
If DM has already allocated the T3, are you at Heathrow.. this is where the T3 training flights start from ;)

In the meantime, I'll nip over to FSA and see what your status is :)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

Hi Paul,

By making your post here, you've (unknowingly) requested the training flights you desire -- one of the "powers-that-be" (DaveB, David Maltby (DM or MALTBY D), etc) should spot it anon and activate them for you accordingly. Then, when you try to book one again, you should see it's available (under a "CBFT" flight number). If any more walkthrough required, ask away!

David K

UPDATE: Chuckle -- I see DaveB was here at the same moment and has provided the better, more comprehensive reply -- thanks, Dave!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that David ;)

Paul.. it seems your acceptance has not yet been completed at FSA. Whether this is because DM hasn't got back from work yet or he's not yet sent an acceptance letter. I can accept you now but I don't want to 'jump in' as DM is duty CEO and I don't know if he's sent a joining letter yet. The fact you've made it here would point to a letter being sent (PM) but we have had new pilots jump the gun before and come here first :)

Can you let me know here if DM has sent a joining letter yet and if he has, I'll allocate a T3 training rating ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul Gibson
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Paul Gibson »

Thanks for the replys
No pm, looks like im one of the pilots who jump the gun

Paul

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No problem Paul :thumbsup: If DM doesn't send you a joining letter via PM at FSA soon.. post here again and I'll see what I can do ;)

In the meantime, get yourself acquainted with the T3 (if you're not already 'au fait') as there's little or no 'hand holding' on training flights. Pilots are expected to be profficient with the aircraft they're rated on.. the training flights are purely to get you into flying that type on live VA flights. Fingers crossed DM will be along soon ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul Gibson
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Paul Gibson »

received a pm on FSA from DM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Paul.. all the best with the Trident :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage