Bugger First penalty!!!!!

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Bugger First penalty!!!!!

Post by Vc Ten »

Just landed at Colombo after an uneventfull flight Taxied in to the stand, come to a stop Handbrake on Bing bong and engines off Press esc and end flight Write report and press next then shown a penalty screen saying handbrake penalty
Bit odd. :S Checked on the va and blackbox says no handbrake at end of flight Sent message to va disputing the penalty, wouldnt mind if I had forgot but I always check before ending flight Dont know if anything will come of it. Maybe the new client is being a bit flakey. Anyone else having problems with it ?
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Re: Bugger First penalty!!!!!

Post by DavidK »

Irritating, isn't it, especially after a long flight and you're sure you've dotted every "i", crossed every "t", etc, etc...
But if for whatever reason (Internet glitch?) the FSA database has you down as committing a sin, even if you're sure you didn't, I think it'll be left as is and so it'll be time to move on. The good news is that the "no parking brake" isn't one of those penalties from which you can't regain your previous rating no matter how many "perfect" flights you make subsequently (whereas I think "fuel exhaustion" -- which once happened to me between touchdown and stand -- is!).

So, I say: "Onto the next -- and perfect -- flight!"

Best wishes,
David

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale :)

That's bad luck mate. I can't remember now off the top of my head but I think you may also get a parking brake penalty if you didn't have it on at the start. Exactly how far you can get without a reminder is also something I can't remember but you will get dinged. If you're certain you had it on at the end.. perhaps you didn't have it on at the begining? *-)
As DavidK said.. don't worry about it too much. While it's nice to keep a 100% record, the only thing dented here is your pride. Onwards and upwards ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Thanks for the support chaps :)
Its frustating when things go wrong but hey ho its only a game!! :lol:
I often get bonged for landing lamps below 10000 when pressing fly on the client before starting in the sim propper It must pick up the height but not the fact that your not flying yet!! just exit the client and open again just have to enter fuel figures again 8) Never been bonged about the parking brake at the start. The sim seems random regards if it starts with brake on or off default a/c says it should be on :S Just took my time exiting the sim after a rather rapid flight from Colombo to singapore and all seems ok
Fingers crossed
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale..

This is one thing I don't like about FSX. I dunno if it's a default thing or just the way I've saved a flight but my FSX flights never start with the parking brake on. My FS9 ones always do! I've nearly been caught before :worried:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I think I can safely say that if I load the default flight (DC3 in manchester with engines off parking on ) the aircraft will appear with the parking on every time. But when changing to one of "our" aircraft it can appear with either parking on or off I Usually make the handbrake my first check especially now gererally flying with Ins as any movement when the engine starts screws up the alignment process :doh:
Dale
Image Image Image

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

DaveB wrote:This is one thing I don't like about FSX. I dunno if it's a default thing or just the way I've saved a flight but my FSX flights never start with the parking brake on.
That's very odd. Never seen that here, whether starting or loading flights that use native FSX aircraft or (as is usually the case) FS9 aircraft...

And, Dale, another possibility for you to steel yourself against, if you haven't already: the huge gust while you're under F100 which triggers the overspeed penalty. It still happens to me occasionally (just did on my last flight) even though I keep to around 225 kts below FL100. Another one of those things a sequence of "perfect" flights will then iron out.

David
Last edited by DavidK on 10 Apr 2012, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Yea just got away with 250 knts just then!!!!
flying into Sidney at 5000ft ATc vectored me to intercept ils and descend to 4000 dropped to nose and then looking at instrument to switch over to glide glanced at asi and speed just at 250 Aghhh!! Panic throttle to min nearly reversers on speed dropped back now line on ils gauge moving, stop descent ( now below 4000) press glide and relax :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image