Still practicing

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Still practicing

Post by Tarasdad »

Before I ask for type rating recertification flights I want to get my skills back. I'm practicing flights in the VC9 right now, trying to nail things down again. It's amazing how much you can forget after not having flown for a while!

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Still practicing

Post by DaveB »

Yes indeed mate! I've not flown 'live' for a while now and I'm almost at the point where I'm dreading forgetting something :lol:

As the old saying goes.. practice makes perfect :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

...not forgetting the old "Use it or lose it" as well!

Recently returned to jets (Comet, 1-11) after weeks away and it's not so much the procedures that take a while to return but those aircraft-specific touches, e.g. by how much to nudge throttles up/down, when to start/stop turning while taxiing, how coarse or fine the VOR dial, etc, etc, etc... and I'll probably wander back to props / turboprops just as I've finished getting back up to speed (ho ho) in the jets...

David

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Ugh. Trying to get back into the flow is proving to be harder than I thought. Dont think my mind is quite as agile as it used to be, or maybe there's simply too much clutter in there these days - anyone know where I can get a pensieve like Dumbledore's?

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Well, as often happens I managed to become sidetracked again and lost what little ground I had made up in renewing my flying skills. I haven't given up on getting going again but it's taking a lot longer than I'd hoped. The shame is I have a system that can run FSX in full goodie mode and still have processor cycles left for other stuff so not flying with it is a waste! I guess as I'm getting lesser youngerer (NOT older, dammit!) my attention span is getting shorter.

Ah, well.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that feeling all too well Barry :lol: Hang on in there and keep remembering to sign in at FSA and all is not lost :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!