Sorry troops

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Sorry troops

Post by DaveB »

Yo diddly ho..

I've no idea how but I've managed to fly to the wrong airport so the airline rep has got a hit. I wanted to fly to Southend and I'm sure I booked Southend.. that's where I'm at too. Never mind.. serves me right for coming briefly out of retirement :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Sorry troops

Post by NigelC »

Oops
:wasntme:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Not managed to do that one! Still, if I did, it would be the least of my worrIes at the moment!!! It's been a BAD six months!
:hide:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Cheers Nige :lol: This is my 3rd over 3000-odd flights so I was due for one. That should be it now for another thousand.. I hope! :worried:

I swear I booked the right flight.. serves me right for being rusty I guess. Anyway.. the end result is as it should be. The Rapide I just moved had been off station for over a year and it's now where it should be ;)

EDIT.. There we go.. back to a normal 120 ;) Sorry you lost a passenger Dale. I flew as many flights as I could and hoped you'd not land but you got down just before my last flight.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

All transparent here, so I guess that was well-handled!

At least one person I know has committed a couple of arguably worser sins, e.g. stalling from height onto the runway, arriving underfuelled and running out between runway and stand, ...

Cough,
David

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I've not underfuelled before so that's one to tick off the list :lol: Not being vigilant has hacked me off but I find a 'prod' like this focuses the mind. The first time I did it, I made the plan to ferry a Skyvan and erroneously put the wrong ICAO code into the plan. Again.. I landed at the intended airport with the correct aircraft but having typed EGP'H' instead of EGP'F'.. it didn't look so good to the system 8) The second.. I'd just bought the Highlands and Islands scenery from Horizon and was making my way down to somewhere or other and was busy goofing the new scenery. Barra looks nice.. I'll land there quickly.. totally forgetting I was on a live flight and Barra wasn't the logged destination :worried: I did feel a fool :lol: Then, there's yesterday's little faux pas. I can't remember how many times I've told pilots to make sure they check the destination airport on the Flight Information page of the client and here I was.. not doing exactly that :wall:
I think Dale must have booked his flight just after I'd landed which is why he got a passenger taken off. My mistake so I flew as many flights as necessary to get the airline percentage back but sadly, Dale crept in.. nowt I could do :( Anyway.. let it be a timely reminder to you all. ALWAYS CHECK THE AIRPORT DESTINATION ON THE CLIENT FLIGHT INFORMATION PAGE. There.. I've said it again ;)

Fortunately, my passengers weren't put off as they ended up where I told them they were going :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Quite often during a flight I go brain dead and wonder if the airport i'm flying to is the one I booked. :-O I have to start the laptop up :cpu: and check on the va the flight progress. This is also useful to see if I've remembered to press fly on the client before starting the sim. Landed a few times and the clients still been on fuel up :lol: :lol:
Booked to Croydon and found it didnt exist in fsx :worried: Well not on mine :lol:
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale :hello:

Ironic you mention Croydon.. that's what I'd 'apparently' booked :lol: No.. it's not available in FSX I'm afraid.. mores the pity so I use FS9 for Croydon flights. The available scenery is dog-old and pretty iffy compared to recent sceneries (I think it started in FS2002) but it's all there is.

Yes.. I've often gone brain dead during a flight too and found myself reducing the sim and coming here to check the destination off my FSA signature :lol: I've always said that this info should be on the client page too but probably not to the right people.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

As an aside to this.. I realise now that no one lost a passenger while the airline rep went down. I looked at my pax in the Rapide and saw 7.. likewise, at Dale's pax and he also had 7. This led me to believe we'd lost a passenger as the Rapide has always been kitted out to carry 8. Delving into the new client, I see we're now (on a default load) fitted for 6 x humble cattle class and 1 x Business class. Business class on a Rapide! :lol: :lol: We also get 3kg of freight/baggage but from what I can see, this doesn't earn any money. I changed one flight to carry 8 x cattle class and gained nothing in revenue.. the 1 x business class pays double the normal fare so we should, in theory, gain a little weight advantage by carrying 6 + 1 ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage