Aircraft left off station

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Aircraft left off station

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

I've just looked through the fleet list and was shocked to find we have 58 aircraft off station at this time. Some of these are left by pilots long gone but many are spread far and wide by current pilots. Some are off station and currently being flown.. others are off station and have been flown this year. Some have been off station for over 12months and others for over 2 years!

If in doubt.. please go to the Stats list, select aircraft off station, all aircraft and check to see if you're on the list. Certain 'current' pilots have approaching 10 aircraft off station.. many of the same type. Can we have an effort made to get them back home please. Aircraft that have been off station for up to 12months I'm not that worried about but anything in excess of that, I'd like to see brought back ;)

ATB
DaveB
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Aircraft left off station

Post by NigelC »

I had a couple off station that I'm recovering. I'm off station myself at the mo, in hospital, but I should be home tomorrow n then I got f'all else to do so if there's any long time absentees on my type ratings, I'll shift 'em.

NigeC

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Nige :hello:

Yes.. I know about those, none have been o/sta for any great length of time. One of our pilots has 1 B703 and 3 B704's plus 2 VC15's loafing across the globe that have been there for up to 1yr 4mnths. Now that's careless ;)

A handful of those on the list look off station but aren't and they weren't included in the 58 ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

I know I have a trident which has been off station for a good while, Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a machine capable of running fs9 (not for too much longer I hope) So I guess if anybody fancies bringing her back (G-AWZK in bucharest) feel free to do so.

Richard
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that Richard ;)

I'd have been able to fly all but one of them back myself but due to losing the folks last year, almost all of my ratings have gone :( I'll keep ZuluKilo in mind ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

Well as I said, I hope to be getting a new machine soon and getting flying again, however it is unlikey to happen before I lose my Viking and Vanguard ratings :(

Richard
ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

By the timing, I'm guessing my bringing of a BAC 1-11 and HS.748 home on Tuesday was a factor in your viewing... :)

Yeah, I figured I'd spend a little time bringing a few of the stragglers home since I didn't have the time for my Portugal flight. :(

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris :hello:

If they'd only been there a short time, I wasn't fussed. The total of 58 didn't include 'known' offsta aircraft but did include those 'in transit' shall we say ;)

With even the few active pilots we have, it's expected to have a number of aircraft on the move.. some in different places with the same pilot. No issue with that at all ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Both planes I moved had been sitting for over 2 years, one by a pilot who's not been with the VA for quite some time. :lol:

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

Just spotted this thread and seen that I'm one of the reprobates who've left aircraft off-base -- entirely unintentional, m'lud! -- so I'll sort those out after the flight I have booked. Thanks for the heads-up!

David