Comet in JFK

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Comet in JFK

Post by Vc Ten »

:hello: Was planning on continuing American adventure by flying on to Chicago But there is only a flight KORD to KJFK but not return Strangly the Chicago to New York leg has been flown twice so there must be comets building up with nowhere to go :lol:
Looks like I'll be returning to Heatrow sooned than expected
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Comet in JFK

Post by DaveB »

There is a simple answer Dale.. I don't know :lol:

Let me go and take a look at the flights and get back to you ;) These routes, like the vast majority of the others are all taken from 'World Air Routes' for a given year so unless a faux pas has been made along the way.. they are what they are. We'll see ;)

EDIT:
Explanation found for the KORD flights. Looking at the flight number.. CBF400P.. the P indicates this was a positioning flight. When we order new aircraft, they're not delivered to one place in particular and rarely to where we actually need them. The more aircraft you buy at one time, the more they're scattered all over the globe. KORD, is an oft used delivery location as are KJFK, EDDM, LFPG.
As 2 flights have come out of KORD, it's obvious that 2 of the fleet we ordered were delivered there and rather than us transfer them direct to the correct location (which we do sometimes but costs money).. these were flown back.
So.. KJFK is and was the extent of the Comet4's routing amigo. I'll pop over and delete the positioning flight to stop any further confusion. There are many such flights still active in the database which I delete when I stumble over them but more often than not, you have to go looking rather than stumbling over one. Sorry for the confusion ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

:hello: Hi Dave
I'll Hold off booking my return to Heathrow just yet ;)
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

See above Dale.. you snuck that in while I was editing the first post ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Cheers for the explaination Dave, I had wondered what the p was for on the flight no. No worries, will return to plan "a"
ATB Dale :cheers:
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No problem Dale ;) When I checked the flights out of KORD, there were no less than 4 positioning/ferry flights listed (hadn't been deleted) covering the York, Comet, Heron and DC3 which confirms my post above. All have since been deleted ;)

Sorry your adventures in the Comet won't take you any further west. I think the furthest you can go in that direction is the west coast.. perhaps KLAX and these are in the 707 and (I think) 747. Not sure if the 10's go that far *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage