VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Diverted but arrived at Destination.

Post by Globitz »

Hi all,

I was happily flying from Gatwick to Dallas in a B707 when due to a feline/keyboard interface issue I found that I had only got control of 1 Engine.

I therefore decided to try diverting so as to be able to reboot and regain control of my engine throttles. I pushed the divert button on the client and it went away, following this I started my descent into Cincinatti/Northern Kentucky international, KCVG !
I arrived safely and parked, at which point I got the on-block message and exited as normal.

Restarted FS9 and went to the client to fuel up and start the flight at which point I got the no flight booked message. fearing the worst I went to look in FSA and at the Stats page only to find that FSA believes that I finished the flight and arrived safely in Dallas.

Is this a known issue with divert, I have used it before and not had any problems?

Also should I just accept the completion of the flight and come home tomorrow, banning the cats from the cockpit? (they are very unattentive co-pilots anyway! ;)

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Diverted but arrived at Destination.

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Andy :hello:
Thought you were having some sort of issue today I noticed you were in "cruise", and close to the eastern seaboard as I had taken off for luca (I usually double check CBFS to see that the client has me flying) On landing at luca I had to shut down quickly as i had a bus to catch to chester. On Coming home and checking the stats to see if all was well I saw you were still in cruise and not as far as you were 4 hrs previous :dunno: There is something screwed with the divert as it the fuel cost v ticket =0$ calculation somehow still gives you a profit Which then further increases once payment of ticket sales are included on completion of the final destination
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Andy,

I've not known this happen with Divert before but if the system recognises you as being at your original/planned destination (with aircraft).. then go with the flow. At least the problem (if there is one) is now flagged and if it happens again, it can be reported.

Dale.. the Divert doesn't usually pay you at the divert destination as the flight hasn't been completed. You get paid when you reach the planned destination. Whatever original profit was calculated will be readjusted to take into account variations in passenger numbers and any additional fuel tanked ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Hi Gents,

Thanks for the replies, Dave, I will take your advise and go with it and fly back tomorrow!

Dale, I was originally flying overnight Sunday into Monday but a brief powercut in the early morning put a stop to that, it's a shame as I was about 6 hours in!!!

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage