Tough training!

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Pricetx
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Tough training!

Post by Pricetx »

So after an 18 or so month gap I decided to return to the VA to fly some more Rapide flights, and obviously due to this gap I have to re-new my TR. I flew from Liverpool to Ronaldsway no problem, but on the return leg I was around 30 miles out when the mother of all fog descended upon Liverpool!

I continued the approach, and by nothing short of a miracle managed to find the runway, although I literally didn't have a visual on the lights until I was over the end of the runway!

Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots of the approach, but I took this after parking up, I knew it was going to be a little challenging remembering how to fly this after my absence, but I had no idea your training flights were this tough! :lol:

P.S I believe that would be the last training flight I need to do, so it would be much appreciated if I could be upgraded to a full TR again.

Jonathan Price

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Tough training!

Post by Vc Ten »

Nice picture Johnathan :thumbsup:
I had the same thing happen in the Rapide aproaching Bristol some time ago. With no ils aids ( well stock gps :lol: ) finding the runway can be a bit of a challenge
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

On a plus, you could probably land the Rapide in the next field and ask directions *-) 8)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Full rating given Jon ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!