Trident Fuel Usage

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Trident Fuel Usage

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Dave :hello:

No.. WE do the Jack the Lad stuff.. you did it for real with 2 other occupants up front for conversation :thumbsup:

Thanks for that confirmation ;) Do you ever wish you were still 'up front' Dave or is it case of been there, seen it, done it and enjoying a bit of retirement?

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Dave , really lucky 'n privileged to have been a Nigel for 36 years ( with lay offs to do other things ). Gave the keys to to Boeings back 3 years ago , 'n if I see one heading for Lands End and the Ocean ; it's ''I used to do that '' . Mind you still got the bug and am lucky enough to instruct in light a/c 3days a week . Miss the people , ground , flight , or cabin crew... but not nights out of bed or time zone changes !

ATB dave f .

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's nice to hear Dave ;) Every now and again (and there are a few at Brooklands) you come across flight crew who are terribly 'nonch' about it all. While these folk can be knowlegeable, they're generally not the most enthusiastic or interesting people to be around. When we had PEP's 50th last year, the guests were the complete opposite, as you'd imagine I guess as they bothered to turn up. They had tales to tell and still had the 'fire' if I can put it that way. You can sit and talk to these sort of people all day. They're glad of their career choice and as you put it, feel privileged they've had such a working life. You never get the impression is was just another day at the office ;)

Now.. where was I *-) :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Dave , PEP , yes , had to go to Gatwick ( then base ) to do some paperwork ; when round the M25 saw 4 prop a/c droning in . Had to pull over on hard shoulder and watch her do do 2 ccts . The 2nd must have landed . Lucky no Q car was around 'cos I had a 3 yr old with me , both of us staring upwards ( his grandad was an eng at BEA from Daks , Elizabethans thru to Tristars ). A lucky day indeed , and to see the engine runs at a later date , Grreat.

dave f .