VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Classic Non British in FSX

Post by Globitz »

Hi All,

After toying around with FSX for a little while I have decided to slowly start using it with a view to moving all of my A/C to it in the future.
Noticing that we now have 727 and 757 fleets and plans at the VA I have thought that the best way to start is by flying all of my Classic Non Brit flights in FSX.

I have looked at the various forums and got a mixed bag of answers and so I thought that the thing to do would be to ask the knowledgeable people here for their opinions.
I am basically looking for a Good 707, 727, 757 and Tristart to start with, if there are any with Reg,s or repaints for the CBFS fleet then all the better.

Cheers for any help and advice given.

Happy flying

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Classic Non British in FSX

Post by DaveB »

Hi Andy :)

Wish I could be of some help here but I'm not I'm afraid.. I don't fly any tubeliners in FSX at all. I recently downloaded the freebie 757 from Justflight (for FSX) and have the 2 free paints available for it.. primarily because it was there and it was free rather than any enduring reason :lol: For 707 and 727.. I believe CaptainSim are the only bods who do a dedicated FSX version though I may be wrong. QualityWings also do a 757 as well as the rather frame hungry RJ/146. Dave Garwood often comes up trumps with repaints for the RJ :) I've not seen an FSX native TriStar *-)

That, sadly, is my lot. Though I've not used FS9 for ages (the icon is now gone from my desktop).. I refuse to let it go. I use FSX all the time now but only to play in ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Thanks Dave,

Interesting thoughts!

I have the Just Flight 757 which is what started my thinking as I did not really want to pay for an aircraft for FS9 anymore.
Maybe looking at what is available I should stick with FS9 after all, I just keep getting this idea that I should upgrade to the (now old itself) newer version....

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I know the feeling mate.. and don't forget P3D so moving UP to FSX is still one short of the very latest. :lol: At least you don't have to worry about bugs in FSX cause all the ones not sorted by now will remain not sorted :cpu:

As a by the by.. have you tried the UKMIL Buccv2 yet? If you can run that 'well' in FSX.. you shouldn't have any probs with whatever the current tubeliners can throw at your pc ;)

Good luck with your quest :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Thanks for the help.... :thumbsup:

I have been sat here thinking and your reply has helped make my mind up I think :dunno:

If I buy the captainSim 757 for FS9 which is only a tenner and seems to have got good reviews, then maybe I should skip FSX and look at getting P3D up and running in the future.
Haven't tried the Bucc yet as War birds aren't really my think but I may have a look some time down the line.

P.S. Any chance of a Training Rating for a 757 please....? ;)
Cheers

Andy

ImageImage

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

There is a Tristar for FSX/P3D and it's freeware. The two snags are a) I can't remember where I got it, and b) There's no VC, in fact I'm not sure there's a 2D on either.

For a) I'd suggest Googling Thomas Ruth & Tristar
for b) Then Google the same chap's DC-10 and use the cockpit for that

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Cheers Mate, I'll go take a look :cheers:
Cheers

Andy

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Do people actually make stuff for FSX without a VC or 2D these days :-O How the hell are you supposed to fly it without a VC when 2D panels in FSX are so naff?? 8)

TR added for the 752 Andy ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

For freeware FSX tubes search for Project Opensky and it's derivatives (can't remember all their split up names now) on places like Simviation, also do a search on "Guzman" as he has some 707s, 757s, 737s, 727s, 777s, MD-11s and 767s with VCs. Also a Concorde if you want to try it :)

If this link works check this - http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &filename=

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Andy :hello:
Ive been flying the just flight 752 for a week or so now, and its not a bad model Looks quite realistic from outside and flys as if it has a bit of weight to it VCs ok and most of the switches animate even if they dont actually do anything. Cockpit night lighting is better than most models ive used, It seems dificult to get this right in fsx Sound set for the two RB2-11 are ace. :thumbsup: Not found many bugs in it yet although the rotary switches for the ap decided to only work in increments of 10 the other day. Open the fmc and go to the ap page and all the flight atitude parameters can be entered directly: Speed, hdg, altitude etc. Saves messing around the glareshield with the mouse as the aircraft is pitching about :lol:
Main downside of flying the 757 in the va are the lack of routes Need to talk nicely to the powers that be ;)
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image