Classic Non British in FSX

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Classic Non British in FSX

Post by TSR2 »

The 75's were only initially used on Shuttle type routes and a few further a field which is why they are quite limited as we've only used BA routes ATM. Another option which we haven't explored yet was the freighters which both DHL and UPS used in their old colours (which IMHO are much better than the current schemes) in the 80's so sort of fits, but UPS were never a British carrier and to the best of my knowledge only DHL had 757's on the UK Register at that time. Air2000 had a few routes which might open things up a bit too. We'll need to have a think and speak nicely to DM once we have all the facts.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Air Europe!!!!!!

Come to think of it... Air Europe, Monarch, Caledonian, Air 2000, all British 1980s operators.

N

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Morning,

Thanks for all the replies, all very helpful and I am slowly coming up with a way out of my confusion.

I am currently downloading a few aircraft from simviation thanks to the link from Darren and the Tristar, thanks SkippyB.

I looked at P3D but as it is unsupported by FSAirlines at the moment and who knows with the EULA whether it will be or not, I may as well look at FSX at the moment.
I have started a fresh install on a spare machine so as not to affect my FS9 flying for now.
The only problem I can see as Dave B quite rightly points out is that I may finally have to try flying with a VC after all these years of 2D panels.

Dale, I could not agree more about the 757, after a quick test flight last night it does appear to be a nicely put together package, more routes would be nice and hopefully will be forthcoming one day.
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

NigelC wrote:Air Europe!!!!!!

Come to think of it... Air Europe, Monarch, Caledonian, Air 2000, all British 1980s operators.

N
I was certain Caledonian wasn't until the early 90's *-)

ImageImageImage

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

1988! :agree: for Caledonian

In the 80's they had 3 x 732 (G-BGJF,G and I delivered April 88) and 3 x 752 (G-BMRJ, G-BPEA and B, delivered March and April 89)

N
Last edited by NigelC on 23 Feb 2013, 09:32, edited 2 times in total.

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Ah! Didn't realise they had the 75s that early. Everydays a school day :lol: :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage