Frankfurt Main v7

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Frankfurt Main v7

Post by Vc Ten »

Just flown Templehoff to Frakfurt main for the va and landed for the first time at recently installed in fsx, Mark Aldriges Frankfurt airport v7 Very nice too. Strange thing was though fsx atc vectored me way out ( it does sometimes anyway) then cancelled ifr ?? Made my way back (good old satnav :lol: ) but couldnt find the beam for the ils ( rwy 07l ) wondered fsx had a problem indentifing the airport, in fact wondered if the va would also :-O Anyhow landed ok without guidence and no other issues. Once parked up, tried the other ils frequencies, which all seemed to work ok Came out of the sim and look a look at the pdf that came with the airport and found the frequency for rwy 7l had been changes as per the real thing Anyone have a clue how to change the setting in fsx so it shows the correct frequency on the airport map, so i dont need to remember for next time

ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Frankfurt Main v7

Post by NigelC »

ADE9x is the one. If it's just a straight frequency change it's pretty straightforward but read the manual anyway.

N

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Cheers nige :cheers:
had a look at this prog the other week and wondered if it was any cop
will try it out tomorrow
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I found this happen in FS9 with Frankfurt too. The VOR used for vectoring/landing is to the NE of the airfield so it seems like you're being set out into the wilderness. It takes you on a nice little loop and back again. Odd the first time it happens but you either get used to it or DIY :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Panic over with the updated ils frequencies Found out that the Airport scenery updated the fsx map somehow
I was using an old fsx map pre the installation :doh: Printed out a new map and all the updated frequencies are there
Just flown back to Frankfurt in the comet and ils was fine Still a very roundabout approach though
The airport supports designated parking places Edit the aircraft cfg file and add atc parking code BAW or whatever. How does that work :)
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Dale :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!