Frustration

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Frustration

Post by NigelC »

Just flew KDLH to EGKK and got an OOM at 140' RadAlt on finals to Gatwick :rant:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Frustration

Post by DaveB »

Nige..

What scenery are you using? There used to be a problem with UK2K scenery at Gatwick in FS9... particularly at the alt you mention. My system used to freeze for 5 secs or more before letting go and letting me land.. not particularly helpful when you're that low to the ground and trying your hardest to do a greaser. The problem was found to be a rogue file in Heathrow and a patch there fixed the prob at Gatwick. I can't really fly to the bigger airports with my rig in FSX so I've not seen the problem there in that sim.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

UK2K Exyreme at LGW and UK2K Free at LHR.

Can't be bothered to look today, but think I may have upped some sliders for a static screenshot session and not reset them. 3700nm and OOM'd at 3699.5 :lol:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

I can't remember which Windows version you're using, Nigel. I suppose if you're running FS9 you're on XP but if it's Vista or Win7 there's a Microsoft fix that reduces the chance of OOMs. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947246

Ian :)

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Hi Ian, FSX on XP Pro

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Ah. It was Dave mentioning FS9 that made me think you were using that one :lol: . Still - the fix is no good to you anyway! But Dave was right about Heathrow Extreme as he pointed it out to me when I complained of a fps problem and I found that I hadn't upgraded to the latest version.

Good luck anyway.

Ian :)