VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

East Mids

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

East Mids seems to have changed its name in FSA to Derby! :-O

I know I haven't been flying in months, but I hadn't noticed this. I'm assuming its an error?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: East Mids

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben :)

I dunno mate but I'm pretty sure you can say it's an error as we already have a Derby! Whatever has been happening over there still isn't fixed by the looks of things 8)

EDIT: We still have Derby and we still have East Mids (EMA) with their own separate identities mate so I wouldn't worry about it. In actual fact, while EMA/Castle Doninington is in Leicestershire, it does have a Derby postcode so perhaps the FSA database isn't that far out *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi mate,

Yep, I see what you mean on the post code, but I was sure it used to be referred to as East Midlands in FSA too. Not to worry.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Agreed. I don't ever recall it being listed with Derby as the city either mate. Could be my age though (yours too) :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Ever the fount of useless info,I remember that when it was decided to build EMA on the site of the Castle Donington airfield,the project was funded by five local authorities,namely Notts,Derbyshire and Leics county councils along with with Nottingham City and what is now Derby City councils.Leicester City Council declined.
However,many years later when it was decided to rename it as Nottingham/East Midlands,Leicester kicked up a fuss about it.
The airport is about equidistant from Derby and Nottingham,but Leicester is further away and although it lies just within Leicestershire,the three counties adjoin very close by.It also has a Derby postcode and although now I think it uses a non geographic telephone number,it's geographic tel number is part of the Derby link numbering scheme ie 01332.
However the urban population of Greater Nottingham is far higher than that of either Derby or Leicester.
There now,I hope you all feel better for that.I'm going to lie down now. :agree: EricT
Ps it opened in 1965
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Wasn't Burnaston Derby?
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Garry Russell wrote:Wasn't Burnaston Derby?
Yep :thumbsup:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."