Reinstating lapsed FSA accounts

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Reinstating lapsed FSA accounts

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chaps :hello:

Just a cautionary note re letting your FSA account lapse. Over the last couple of months, I've had a couple of pilots ask for their accounts to be reinstated at FSA which have lapsed due RW intervention. I was successful getting the first request dealt with but the second has fallen on stoney ground. The pilot (Mike Nicholls) had been in touch with FSA separately and I had been in touch with them later. It took a week for my PM to be read then it was ignored.
I guess Mike could have reapplied to CBFS as a new pilot and he'd have been accepted but in the interim.. he applied for another airline.. still in the hope his CBFS/FSA account would/could be reinstated. This is by the by and I've no issue with Mike wanting to fly ;)

The main message is that FSA now seem reluctant to reinstate lapsed accounts so please ensure you 'clock in' once every 3 months to keep it active. Should you let the FSA system 'kick' you (for whatever reason).. the chances of your account being recovered are slim.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Re: Reinstating lapsed FSA accounts

Post by fighterpilot »

Thanks for the Heads up Dave

Richard
ImageImage

Benedettini
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Benedettini »

I suppose it should be kick-out from VA instead account removal, which is very rude. I wouldn't think its BIG issue if they still hold those accounts inside, even inactive.
Stupid procedure out there anyway. :rant:
Rust and dust, is a must...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

By and large, I agree Gokalp. I can understand them wanting to keep their database 'trim' but in the grand scale of things.. 3 months isn't long and as you say.. if the data is still available, what's the problem! I guess it's fair to say that they send out a warning email and if the email address given to them is 'active'.. it shouldn't be a problem to login over there which is all it takes to keep your account active.

Happy birthday by the way :hello: :cheers:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

If we assume the servers are in the EU then they will be subject to data protection rules, so they probably have to delete the data.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben :hello:

If that's the case, then why not say so :dunno: We (as a VA) haven't had too many requests for reinstatement in the grand scale of things though I appreciate we're not the only VA at FSA. If this is the way they wish to operate, then fine. What I object to is no warning that they were suddenly going to stop reinstating lapsed accounts AND being ignored.. not so much as a by your leave! :|

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I don't disagree mate, its a bit cheeky of them and no mistake. ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Even though I am no longer active I still keep my FSA account live. I haven't given up the idea of returning to active flight status yet. By now I had hoped to have a better control setup (CH or Saitek yoke, throttle, pedals) as my joystick (Cyborg EVO) is getting a bit old. Not being able to replace it is one of the things keeping me from flying.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Barry :hello:

While you continue to do that.. you're safe ;) I never did get a reply from Joe Fremont at FSA which is just plain rude as much as anything else so I won't be trying again.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage