VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

CameronSyss
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Rick Piper FS9 Viscount 800 Problem

Post by CameronSyss »

Hi,
I have begun, or tried to begin, training to gain my Vickers Viscount 800srs type rating, the aircraft package is great, but when I start the FSAirlines client recording my flight, and I go back into FS9, the aircraft shuts down engines 1 and 4 but leaves 2 and 3 running, so I tried starting the flight with engines shut down. I went back into FS9 after starting the FSAirlines client off recording my flight, but when trying to start them (with the FS auto start) only engines 2 and 3 start.

If this helps, there are 2 warning lights, for engines 1 and 4 saying that they are 'below fine pitch trim'. I would like to stress that the Viscount is fine until the FSAirlines client starts recording my flight.

Any help would be gratefully accepted,
Cameron

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Rick Piper FS9 Viscount 800 Problem

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Cameron,

You need to choice the advanced fuelling option and make sure you put fuel in all of the tanks. What's happening is FSA is only adding fuel to the main tanks so the two engines shut down. Its not an issue with the Viscount, but more the way the basic fuelling works in the FSA client.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Another option is to open the inter-engine cocks before you open the client so that all 4 engines are running from the inner tanks. ;)

Quite a few of the models do this so as Ben says.. it's the way FSA loads fuel rather than any defect with the models. You can still use the default fuelling method (rather than advanced) at FSA. Just be prepared to have to restart engines 1 and 4 after you've taken fuel or open the inter-engine cocks before you take fuel. Their operation is covered in the panel manual but basically.. the default load (when you select the model) is for each engine to be taking fuel from it's own tank which is correct. Opening the inter-engine cocks allows the outer engines (1 and 4) to take fuel from the inner two tanks. FSA loads fuel to the inners first and if the flight duration doesn't require the inner tanks to be full.. the outers cut because FSA has put all the fuel into the inner tanks leaving the outers empty.. hence 1 and 4 will cut unless the inter-engine cocks are opened beforehand ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

CameronSyss
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CameronSyss »

Ok, thanks for yor help. It was annoying me on the Electra, so I tried downloading another L188 package for FS and fixed it for the L188. And when the same occurred with the Viscount, This started to wind me up quite a bit!

Now I shall spend a lot of the day completing the type rating on the Viscount!

Many thanks.
Cameron